Chapter 6

As I was telling Valerie the story about how me and that guy from Starbucks met, the memory came back to me and I wished I was back in that moment again. I finished and Valerie was smiling from ear to ear which made me nervous.

"What?" I asked her. We stopped at a red light. She laughed throwing her head back.

"What do you mean what? You just told me a story about a guy who obviously had a crush on you and-" I cut her off.

"He didn't have a crush on me," I denied whilst blushing.

"I'm sure you're right, considering that massive grin you have on your face." She said sarcastically. The light went green and I quickly changed the subject. Talking about that guy from Starbucks made me nervous.

"So Val, what have you been up to since I was gone?" I asked her while wringing my fingers.

"Well I got a job...." I wasn't expecting that.

"That's great Val. Where?"

"At Target....Jake kinda helped me get it. Please don't be mad Kristina." I lifted a fake smile.

"Why would I be mad that my ex helped you get a job working at the same place he works? But really, he's such a jerk Valerie I honestly can't believe you even talked to him after what he did to me." Valerie gave me an apologetic glance then turned her attention back to the road.

"Kristina, I know he's not trustworthy, but I really needed a job to help pay off my student loan." I gave her a puzzled look.

"I thought your Mom had your savings for college." I said with a confused tone.

"She did but then my brother stole it from the safe. He kinda made a deal with these dodgy guys and it would have put his life on the line if he didn't pay them back." I nodded in understanding, I then looked outside the window, looking at all the things that were passing by so quickly.

"I get it. But just, promise me you won't get too close to Jake. He's like a snake in the grass." Valerie kept her attention on the road and didn't respond. "Val?" She snapped back into reality.

"Yea-Yeah I promise." I exhaled loudly, and nodded keeping my eyes on the scenery outside the window.

"Good." Five seconds of silence went past before Valerie said.

"So tell me more about this mystery guy." I looked at her with a nervous smile and felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Uh....well..." I looked at her.

"Come on."

• Bubblegum Girl she's so divine. She like the 10 to my number 9 •

A/N Hey guys! This isn't The Falling Wish, sorry to disappoint you. I'm LoveMattersTheMost. This book is kindly dedicated to me so the author of this book wanted me to write a few chapters. Hope you enjoy the rest of Bubblegum Girl! | 7:59 pm

Don't forget to
Comment
Vote
Share
And
Follow!
~Wishes