Chapter 21

6 months earlier/Present time

Kristina's P.O.V

I sat next to Valerie; I took in a deep breath then felt a hand place itself on my shoulder. I glanced over to Valerie and she shot me a reassuring smile, I sent her one back. Valerie and me were currently waiting for our dates, if you hadn't guessed already my best friend and me are having a double date. My date being Ross and Valerie's being Jake. To be honest, I was doubtful of bringing Jake along. I had a gut feeling that he was going to do something extreme during our double date; I didn't want to cause any trouble though.

Valerie assumed me that he has changed, but I am very doubtful of her. I still didn't have any trust in Jake, not until he has truly showed me that I can trust him. After what seemed like eternity of waiting in the diner Ross showed up, a few minutes Jake came walking in. With a smug smile that made me question why he had that type of expression written all over his face.

Valerie and I stood up to greet them both, I had kissed Ross while Jake had leaned in for a kiss on the lips, but Valerie turned her head so his lips connected with her cheek. I chuckled silently to myself, and I had noticed that whenever Jake had tried to touch her, she would flinch away and sit with an uncomfortable look on her face. To me, it seemed as if she wasn't as ready to start getting intimate with Jake as he was with her.

Soon enough we had all ordered our food, I ordered a cheeseburger with curly fries and a chocolate milkshake. Ross asked for Swiss burger, buffalo wings and Kookies n' Kream milkshake, Valerie had ordered a simple classic Eggs Benedict with just plain water, and Jake? I didn't care what that jerk even ordered. We were all just waiting in silence, so decided to formal introduce Ross to Valerie.

"Ross, this is Valerie, she is my best friend. We have been together since Year 7." I smiled at both of them, Ross was the first one to speak up.

"It's nice to meet you Valerie." He nodded politely towards her.

"And the same goes to you Ross, I'm happy that she has finally found love again." She chuckled, then so did Ross. Then a voice pitched in.

"I'm Jake, Valerie's boyfriend." Jake then placed an arm around Valerie, which made her flinch and move away from him slightly, I then saw Jake squeeze hard on Valerie's arm. She then stopped moving away from him, he squeezed her arm again. As if he was indicating to move closer to him. I glared daggers at him but her was stupid and oblivious so I decided to speak about him being Valerie's boyfriend.

"Actually, Jake isn't Valerie's boyfriend. She hasn't even confirmed that you're together, so Jake. Stop thinking that you're her boyfriend, and look. You're making her uncomfortable." I looked at Valerie, and so did Jake, she had her head hung down; her was looking at her fingers nervously. "So I suggest you remove your arm from her and keep your hands to yourself. Unless you want to cause trouble." He then quickly removed his arm; he had put on a face thinking it was making him looking confident. But it just made him look like he was constipated, and it was clearly showing that he was scared. I put on a smirk and thankfully the food arrived.

A/N Hellooooooooooo sorry for a late chapter. I've been really busy and just got a writer's block so sorry. Thank you to LoveMattersTheMost for the chapter idea. And she was actually the one who pushed me to keep on writing this book. So thank to her, and well yeah. I guess that's it. Oh my god 4 more chapters, until the end, I have a great ending for this book. Sorry, you guys must hate it that this book is so short, I hate books like that too. I tried to make it as long as possible, but I was running out of chapter ideas, and I know the characters got together too quickly and all that. I'm so sorry, I wish try and think of more ideas, but for now it'll be only 4 chapters left, unless I post a A/N saying I have more idea's.