Chapter 18

Valerie's P.O.V

I closed the door behind me and sighed. I then put my keys down on the narrow table beside the door. I then removed my shoes and walked around the house.

"Hey grandma, are you here?" As soon as I yelled that out I could hear squeals coming from the living room, so I walked towards the room then I was engulfed in a hug. I wrapped my arms around my two younger siblings.

"Hey you guys. Hello, Leo and hello there little Melody." Melody giggled at me, I bent down to pick her up, I carried her in my arms. I then saw my grandmother walk through the arch, with using her walking stick to support her. I placed Mel on the ground and greeted her.

"Hi *Lola*,  have the kids been behaving?" I asked my elder. She nodded.

"Yes they have. Leo started school, and he already got a certificate for being so good during assembly. Isn't that right Leo?" She asked him , and in response he nodded excitedly. "Melody has started kindergarten, she's doing well."

"Well, I am so proud of you Leo, and you little Mel I am so happy you've started kindy (Kindergarten) ." I smiled at them while I lightly bopped my younger sister's nose.

"Hey how about you guys go play. *Lola* and I have some things to talk about, alright?" They nodded and ran off to go to their playroom. I looked back to my grandmother with a serious face plastered on.

"*Lola*, what'll I do. You're getting sicker and sicker, what happens if....you know. What happens to Mel and Leo?" I asked her worriedly, she didn't react the way someone should, she smiled at me and motioned for me to sit down by the couches in the living room. So I did, she sat, and I sat opposite of her.

"Listen, Valerie. You're a big a girl already, you're 19 years old. A legal age to take in a child-" But I had rudely interrupted her without any meaning to be disrespectful.

"But *Lola* I'm not ready! I'm not ready for all this responsibility, if I just didn't push her down those stairs. This wouldn't be happening right now." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"*Anak*. You can do this, you had started this responsibility since you were 16, since the accident. The accident wasn't your fault. Okay?" I nodded, I looked into the other room where my two siblings were playing with their toys, how happy they were. I looked at the smile on their faces, but seeing them so happy just made me sad for a reason that I didn't know.

"Lola, can I tell you something? And I need some advice on it." I sighed. She nodded and urged me to continue.

"Well, I have this friend. Do you remember Kristina? The girl that I have been friends with since middle school?" I paused for a while then continued. "I got into a fight with her, it was a stupid fight. It was over a guy, I didn't like the guy but. The guy she liked, just broke up with his girlfriend then instantly moved on to Kristina. They've been friends for a while, but I'm just worried that his ex might do something to Kristina. Since that argument she hasn't even been talking to me and....I don't know what to do." I poured out everything that I had been keeping in. I just told my grandmother everything.

"Valerie. If you have been constantly apologising you need to stop. Give her some space, don't crowd her or the more she will give you the silent treatment. Okay?" I nodded. I then felt an object in my pocket suddenly vibrate, I took my phone out for my jeans pocket. To find that I had received a text from Jake.

J: Hey can i meet up with u

V: Yeah sure. Where?

J: Do u know the diner by california uni

V: Yep, I'll be there in 20.

J: k see you then <*Insert kissy face emoji*>

I felt uneasy when Jake sent that kissing face emoji, I thought Jake was on a higher relationship level than me. I felt like he was speeding up the relationship than the pace it was supposed to go in. I glanced at my grandmother and gave a her a sweet smile.

"Bye *Lola*. Hey kids, I'm leaving aren't you going to kiss me goodbye?" As soon as they heard I was leaving their heads turned towards me and ran for my standing figure. I was almost toppled over by the impact of the hugs that I had received. I looked at them one last time and left.

A/N Hello! Hoped you enjoyed that chapter. Can't believe that I'm already on chapter 18. Whew, how time goes so fast, right? Anyways yeah, this is a bit of an emotional chapter. So as you noticed there are 2 non-english words in this.
Since Valerie is not american and she is filipino, she decided to speak a little bit filipino with her grandmother and yeah. You'll find out soon. And yay! This chapter is a little longer than the others. | 7:29 pm

P.S If you didn't realise this chapter is a filler. So will be the next. Sorry for 2 filler chapters in a row (Chapter 17 and 18)

Language Dictionary (Filipino)
Lola - Grandmother
Anak - Child

Don't forget to
Comment
Follow
Share
and
Vote
~Wishes