Chapter 8

Kristina's P.O.V

A few minutes after Valerie left the house to go to the dairy, I was getting ready to go to "Walk The Moon's" secret concert. I chucked on some skinny jeans, an old t-shirt with a leather jacket on top and a comfy pair of grey vans. What made this concert a secret, was that it was in an unknown location, only about a hundred tickets were sold. Buses are supposed to pick people up from near where they live; my bus was coming at 5:30 pm and it was already 5:20pm.

I rushed out of our house locking the door behind me. I decided I would just fix myself on the bus and I sprinted to the bus stop. At this point my hair was a disaster but the bus pulled over just in time. I sat down next to a middle aged woman who was wearing the bands merchandise from head to toe. I pulled the hair tie from my hair, undoing my bun and I decided to leave my hair out.

I dug through my purse looking for a hair brush. I found one and I combed through the knots. I was too exhausted to do a full on makeup routine so I just pulled out my pocket mirror and applied eyeliner, mascara, blush and a little lip gloss. I could now finally enjoy the ride to the concert. Clutching my handbag tightly, I admired the beautiful Los Angeles and it reminded me of how much I missed being here. It was a long bus ride but we finally made it to the venue. I pulled out my phone and texted Valerie saying that I've reached and I told her not to wait up for me because I know how much of a mom she can be.

I hopped off the bus and looked around, this was a hole in the wall type of venue.  The other buses pulled up behind us, so I quickly got in line to enter. I looked at the people in front of me, trying to estimate what row I'd be in. It was finally my turn I showed the guard my ticket and he stamped my hand. I flung my bag over my shoulder and ran towards the stage. I was in the middle of the fourth row which was actually a pretty good spot. As the crowd came in it got quite crowed along with it being much louder than it was before. Then I realised how stupid I am, I forgot to buy water on my way in.

There was no way of me getting out now, so I stayed put. After ten minutes people started screaming, lights started flashing and they finally came out. They opened with 'Shut Up And Dance.' I sang at the top of my lungs, danced like no one was around and I was sweating like a pig. Four more songs played and I was completely lost in the music. Suddenly out of nowhere they started handing out complimentary bottles of water and everyone was trying to grab one, including me.

Then someone chucked one in my direction and I caught it, I was so thirsty I drank half of it already, remembering to save the rest for later. A few more songs went by and then they started playing my favourite song 'Portugal' and I screamed out the lyrics, "As I watched the time slip through my hands.... What you don't know know one day you'll learn.... Growing up is a heavy leaf to turn...." I'm singing my heart out when suddenly someone starts rapidly tapping my shoulder. I turn around and it was him.

I'm frozen to the ground and suddenly all the music around me feels quieter.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing. Bubblegum girl is in LA!" He yells loudly. The sound is now back to normal.

I laugh at him and then ask him. "Are you here alone?"

"What? I can't hear you," he shouts back. "

"Are you here alone?" I yell.

"No my friends are at the back. Are you?" I nod.

"Why don't I stay with you for a while then."

"Yeah that would be great!" I yell, as I move over a little, making place for him. I turn my attention back to the song which is almost over but I continue dancing and singing, "Take me with you.... Cause even on your own, you're not alone...." He's singing and dancing too and he is actually pretty good at both. We both have the best time and we exit the venue pumped up with energy.