Chapter 9

Valerie's P.O.V
3 years ago

"Where were you?! It' s past your curfew, it's 2 am Valerie Rachel Smith! Why did you come home so late, was it because of that Kristina girl, Valerie? You know I don't like her." My mother yelled at me. All I did was glare at her and roll my eyes.

"Mum, I'm 16 years old, I'm fully capable of taking care of myself. Anyways, why do you care. It's not like I'm important to you." I scoffed at her. I then turned away from her and walked up the stairs to my bedroom, I was already almost at the top of the stairs when she fiercely grabbed my shoulders causing me to turn towards her, I pushed her away from me. But as I did, I pushed her to roughly so she fell down the stairs, on her way down I had heard a snap. I rushed down the stairs and kneeled beside her.

"Mum? Mum, are you okay?" I shook her, but no response was given back, I took a deep breath and checked for a pulse within her neck. Once I did a felt a tear slip down my cheek, I then heard light stomping coming from upstairs then a tiny figure came into view at the top of the stairs.

"Val? Why are you crying?" My 2 year old brother asked me, he tiredly walked down the stairs and came to me. "Why is mommy on the floor sleeping? Is she alright Val?" I forced a smile at him and nodded my head.

"Yeah Leo, she's alright. Mommy just got really tired and slept on the floor, how about you go back upstairs? Then I'll sleep beside you until you fall asleep, I'll just put mommy into bed." I told him, on the verge of breaking down in front of my oblivious little brother. "Can you also check on Mel for me? To check that she's still in her crib and is asleep?" He nodded and headed back upstairs.

After he left I looked at my mothers dead body, wondering what I should do with her body. I'll just put her in bed, and when I wake up I'll call the police and say that she died in her sleep. This would have never happened if I came home earlier! Where is dad? Wait, I already know that answer to that question, probably drowning himself in alcohol again. I then carried my mothers corpse towards her bed, I tucked her in as if she was alive. After that I got changed in my room, I packed my bag for tomorrow, as well as Leo's. Then I quietly crept into Mel's room to see if she was sleeping. Yep, I looked at my 2 month baby sisters.

I almost broke into tears then and there, she was going to live a life without a proper mother. Just me and Leo, no child should have to go through that. Yet Mel is, I guess I'll just have to finally be the responsible one of the family, I'll get a job and support my family. I'll take my fathers secret stash of money, that'll get me kick started. After a few minutes of me being in Mel's room I left and walked to Leo's room. I snuggled in next to him, to see that he was still awake.

"Val, is mommy really alright? She didn't look alright, her tummy wasn't going up and down like it normally does. Val is something wrong with mommy?" My voice broke as Leo said those words, I shook my head and hugged him tightly.

"No Leo, mommy is alright. She's fine, okay? Just believe me." I told him quietly, then I kissed the top of his head. "Come on, go to sleep. We both have school tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day."

• Lying protects someone, but once they find out the truth you hurt them more. Just by a single 'white' lie •

A/N Hi everyone! Hoped you liked this chapter, but wasn't this chapter so sad? I mean Valerie's mother just died, her father is drinking himself to death. And Val's little siblings, they're motherless and their father is a train wreck. So I guess Val has to be a grown up, but that means loosing her time being a teenager. Eh. Anyways so sorry for the late update, stupid writers block! 😄 | 9:01 pm

Don't forget to
Vote
Follow
Share
And
Comment
~Wishes