Chapter 21: that's fusion

Mabel's POV:
I was once again sitting around the temple waiting for the others to get back from a mission. Is that all I ever do. Well, no matter, Stevonnie, Wendy and Dipper were out regardless of what they were doing and I was alone. Then Star and Marco walked through the door. Dang it. They split, I liked having a fusion around. I really wanna try fusion at some point, I just don't know. "So how did it go?" I asked. "Well, we held for awhile." Marco said. "Yeah, then things just sorta..." "Collapsed." Marco cut Star off. "Well, what do we do?" I asked. I was bored out of my mind. "I don't know.." I was cut off by Stevonnie, Wendy, and Dipper warping in. They were soaked and I could tell Dipper wasn't happy. "Did we have to collapse the entire structure?" Dipper asked. "No, but at least we made it out." Wendy said. "Woah, where were you?" I asked. "An underwater gem structure." Stevonnie said plainly. "And the structure collapsed and we almost drowned." Wendy said. "That's why your soaked." I said. "Yes, on the bright side it could have went worse." Dipper said. Stevonnie looked down at him and said. "There is a lobster on your butt." Dipper then started freaking out. He tried to slap it off. Wendy died laughing at the sight.
(Time skip)
The temple was silent. I was still awake though. I felt excluded. I was the only person in the group who hadn't fused. I was feeling down when Stevonnie walked up and sat beside me on the bed. "What's the problem Mabel?" She asked.
I sighed. "Its just... Everyone else has fused but me. I feel like I'm missing something big, and I want to know that feeling." I said. "Huh, I felt the same way at first." She said. "Really, because I think I'm learning the dance pretty well..." "Woah, wait, let's set something straight. I believe you can fuse, but not if you dance as the others, you have to dance like you. Be honest, get open. Invent yourselves together. That's fusion." She said. "I think I get it." I said. "Also, fusion, or successful fusion, one must have a strong bond with the person they are trying to fuse with." She added. "Thanks for all the support, you really think I can do it?" I asked. "I know that in time, you'll be able to fuse, trust me." She replied. "Now get some rest, we've got a new day ahead of us tomorrow so let's try to get some sleep." She said walking to the edge of the room. "Sweet dreams." She said. I then embraced the sweet sensation of sleep.

Bill's POV:
The day draws closer, soon, the subjects of Yellow Diamond will be here to take these problems if my hands. 2 gems. Let's watch this play out.

Well guys, I'm back, I stopped to gain heat for my StevenBomb this week. Hope you enjoyed part one. There is more to come.