C h a p t e r 1 2

My world, ripped apart in front of me.
Why?

My mum is laying there, her face pale, her lips in a thin line, her chest rising up and down very slowly, her breath rattling in her petit chest.

She has wires all around her, metal clips on her fingers, tubes coming from her nose. She has a bruise the size of a tennis ball on her forehead.

I drop to the floor, I feel like crying but the tears won't come out, I try to scream but my voice doesn't project.

My dad helps me up and he walks me over to mum, he shows me a massive scar on her stomach, she had to have a massive operation.

My dad says that she collapsed and hit her head on the way down, but it looks like she's been hit with something, purposely. It couldn't have been dad, could it? What the fuck am I thinking?  He wouldn't do anything like that.

I sit on the chair and then it hits me, I don't even know what's going to happen to her, what if she dies?! 

I start to cry into my dad's chest. A nurse walks in and gives me a sympathetic look.

She tells me that mum is in a coma, but that's not the worst part.

She might never come out of it.

My heart sinks, my hands start sweating, more tears stream down my face, this can't be happening.

The nurse says that we have a choice, we can keep her on life support and hope for the best, but there is only a 17% Chance that she'll come out of the coma, or we can pull the plug and take her off the life support, meaning she won'tbe able to like anymore.

"Keep her on life support!! We need to believe in her, mums a fighter, I know she can do this, I know it!!" I sob.

Dad ask the nurse if she can give us a few minutes, so the nurse goes away; leaving me and dad.

"Why should we keep her on life support, the nurse said that if she does come out of the coma, she won't be able to walk and she'll hardly be able to talk, she was no fucking use when she was stable, so why the fuck would she be use full now?" Dad says sternly.

I stand there, shocked, not being able to get my head round what he had just said.

"SHE'S MY MUM!! AND SHE'S NOT SOME SORT OF HOUSEWARE, THEREFORE YOU CAN'T LABLE HER AS USE FULL OR UNUSEFULL. I CAN'T BELIVE YOU WOULD SAY SUCH A THING YOU MONSTER" I scream at him.

He has a vein bulging out of his forehead, and that's when It happens, his hand collides with my face. I fall to the floor, holding my face.

"Fine, keep her on life support, but I hope it all goes wrong and she fucking dies".

I cry into my lap as he storms off. I feel useless, but no matter what, I'll always stick by my mum's side, we'll get through this together,  no matter what.

I ring up Drew and tell him what happens, he comes over and I just cry into his arms, even he cries a little.

We have been here for hours and the nurse says we have to go, only 'adults' are aloud to stay over. Even though we're practically adults our selfs.

We get up and go, but as we walk out of the hospital, dad walks past us.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her" I spit.

He just carries on walking.

I'm in a horrible state so Drew lets me stay round his. He comforts me the whole night, until we fall asleep.
After we woke up and had breakfast, we decide to go to the hospital.

We walk in, go to mums ward and surprisingly, my dad is no where to be seen.

I speak to the nurse about my mum, and that's when my heart finally breaks in half. My life, my world, my everything, Is all a blur.

*A/N*

I'M SORRY TO LEAVE IT ON A CLIFF HANGER AGAIN OMGG, THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER ON PURPOSE, DON'T HATE MEEEE.
I haven't edited (AGAIN) so sorry for any mistakes😂
~ Cerys x