C h a p t e r 18

Tysm for over 400 reads!!
*please play the song above because it adds to the atmosphere :)*

*a few days later*

Today is the day of mums funeral, I've been dreading this so much. Not all of the family could make it because hardly any of my family live In LA. At the funeral, it's me, my uncle & Aunty, 3 of my cousins, Me and finally Drew.

The ceremony starts I wouldn't mind by he is we is playing, the coffin is brought in and layed at the front.

She looks so peace full, yet broken.

It's horrible knowing that i won't be able to hear her voice again, I won't be able to go to her when I need it, she can'tbe there for me anymore. She's dead. Gone. And I can't do anything about it.

It's my turn to speak. I trudge up to the front of the church and walk up to the stand and begin..

"I um.. I didn't write a script for today, solemnly because um, I don't need one, I don't need a piece of paper to remind me how much she meant to me, it's hard, really hard knowing that she's gone, her life, taken from her just because of some monster. You honestly don't know what you've got until it's gone. The night before she was rushed into hospital, she would've slept in her bed, completely oblivious that this would be the last time she ever slept there. Completely oblivious about the fact that in a few days time, she'd have her last breath. Completely oblivious about the fact that in a few days, she'd die."

My voice cracks, no, not now, I can't cry, I have to finish this. I wipe away the tears that are slowly making their way down my face.

"If you have a loved one, tell them how much you love them, tell them how much they mean to you, tell them how great they are to you, because they could be taken from you within an instant. And when that does finally happen, you think back to all the times that you could've said that you loved them, and you took advantage of that chance, thinking that that one sentence didn't matter at that moment in time, when in actual fact, it does matter."

My hands are shaking and I want to scream but I can't, I have to let everything out.

"Make everyday count, every single minute of it because if you don't, and something happens to your loved one(s) then you'll regret not making the most of their beautiful life, because, I know I regret not showing my love to my mum 24/7 and you know what? Love hurts."

I walk back to my seat, Drew wraps his arm around me.

"You did great babe, I love you"

I breakdown into his chest, he rocks me gently from side to side.

Around 25 minutes later, the ceromony ends and its time to lower ger coffin.

We all gather round her grave and watch her get lowered in, my tears drip down my face and splash onto the top of the coffin.

"You can't go" my voice hoarse from crying.

"Not yet, it's not fair"

Drew pulls me close to him and scream into his chest.

I look down to see her coffin nested in the ground.

"Save me a seat in heaven mum, I love you"

Drew gets me into his car. We both go back to mine and Drew is staying the night. The car journey is silent. The rain pelts down, hitting the windows. The tears silently roll down my cheeks.

We get back to my house and I get changed and I climb into bed, I can't be bothered doing anything, I'm not in the mood. Drew lays next to me and I put my head on his chest. My head rises and goes back down with every breath he takes.

After a while, I finally manage to get myself to sleep.

*A/N*

I NEARLY CRIED WHILST WRITING THIS OMG DOSKSNX. I haven't edited oops. Keep commenting/reading/voting
~ Cerys x