CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

  During dinner everything was going fine I nodded and quietly agreed to everyhthing dad was saying.I was mostly just trying to think about how I was going to break the news to him. "So you have to wake up early and be prepared.Did you bring your toothbrush and school supplies?"I nodded to that too.Man why does he always treat me like a 2 year old!We switched to dessert and began too eat the cake."Honey you might want to start forgetting about the music thing.They won't allow you to be strumming with a guitar all day.Its just a waist of time." "Dad music is important to me it is like a part of me.Just please don't start." "Music is a stupid waist of time!Stop with the music and focus on important things!Its just a distraction it will get in your way!" "YOU MEAN JUST LIKE YOU THOUGHT ZAYN WAS A DISTRACTION?!Dad I was going to tell you this but I am leaving for the X factor.Music is what I want to do.Medicine is your thing.If you really love me and want me to be happy allow me to this.I just can't do things to make you feel happy anymore.Please..." There was a very long silence.After a about 2 minutes (which felt like 2 years)he finally spoke. "No!You are going to medical school and thats final.Besides there is like on a bazillion chance of you trying to make it in the music industry.You probably won't even make it." I felt like I just got slapped in the face.Anger started to boil inside me.How dare he talk to me in that manner?After all those years making him feel happy this is the thanks I get?No.I won't let this happen.I am not taking no for an answer."No."I said. "What?" "You heard me.I said NO!Dad its my life and my dreams if you don't like the choices I make then to bad!I am 18 years old and I can't be doing things for you anymore." "Now you listen!" "NO YOU LISTEN!I AM GOING TO THE X FACTOR AND THATS FINAL!"He slapped me.I took my packed bags and left.I am now free!Finally!I am going to follow my dreams and nothing is going to stop me!