~1~

"How long do you think he will be in a coma?"

"I don't know..."

"It's so weird..."

"What is?"

"It still seems like yesterday he was that small nerd."

"Okay, Snotlout, I thought you were going to be nice to him. Know you are calling him a nerd."

"No! I didn't mean it in a mean way. I meant that he was most likely the smartest person in school. He most likely still is."

The only thing heard is the consistent beeping, reassuring them that their friend is still breathing. Even though he is getting better, the lose of his leg caused a few problems earlier on.

"What?"

"Snolout, you just complimented Hiccup. What is wrong with you?"

"Ruffnut, we have lost Snotlout. He has joined the other side." 

Snotlout rolls his eyes.

"You guys keep saying how small Hiccup was. He different was he?"

"Well, for starters, he was probably the shortest person in the grade."

"Which grade?"

"All of them."

"Not this year though." Astrid looks at Ruffnut.

"What?"

"Nothing. You just said that weird."

Ruffnut shrugs.

"She isn't wrong." Astrid looks at Fishlegs for him to continue. "Yeah, He was pretty short in middle school. But once we went to High school, you could start to see the difference."

"Yeah. And it wasn't just his appearance. He would wear his hoodie most of the school years. He would seem nervous standing next to adults. And he was never confident with large groups of people."

A thought enters her mind. She quickly dismisses it. That can't be true. 

Even though she knows that stuff like that happens, she can't imagine it happening to Hiccup.

"I remember in sophomore year, Hiccup finally started getting his growth spurt. He would run into so many doors and walls. I remember that I would have to look up at him. It was sometimes really funny to watch."

"Watch him run into things?"

"Watching him realize just how closer his head got the the top of a door." Astrid snorts. She would give anything to see him during this phase. Then she remembers the dreams she often gets. She hopes that sometime, she will be able to see it.

"I would give anything to see that."

"It was pretty entertaining."

Astrid looks down at Hiccup's pale face. 

"What did he look like? When he was younger, I mean." Ruffnut takes out her phone and starts looking through her pictures. When she seems satisfied, she gives Astrid her phone. She looks at the picture and then back at Hiccup. She can really see a difference. Even though he is very handsome now, he was cute when he was younger.

And her dreams may be about Hiccup's past but she never got a real good look at him. And if she did, the image would escape her mind when she woke up.

She just hopes that he will wake up soon so he can tell her more stories of his past.

And she knows that when he wakes up, it will be anything be normal.

***

I know I haven't done an author's note throughout this whole book, but I am doing one now.

I have a favor I need y'all to to.

I want you to give me serious constructive criticism.

Please.

That is all I ask.