F o u r

C h a p t e r 4
Bed Jumping and Makeovers
🌹❤🌹❤

Third person's POV

"How did you end up here Granger?" Draco asked Hermione curiously, "Who would've thought that Hermione Granger would show up and apply for work at my company?"

"Well anything is possible Dra-" she gritted on her teeth, cleared her throat, "Mr Malfoy, and I can assure you I didn't come here on my own will. I just couldn't let your mum down, so I accepted the offer."

"I still don't get why my mother likes you... Too bad she likes everyone" Draco sighed mockingly and then smiled brilliantly at her, "Wow pretty boring hobbies you have there Granger.." He said while reading her CV.

"Oh yeah? As far as I know, your only hobby is shagging. Honestly, what happened to you? I lieft you for a few years only" Hermione made a face at him, and then put her tongue out.

"Shagging isn't a nice word... Bed jumping is more like it, don't you think? Has a more athletic ring to it. " He said with the Malfoy smirk plastered on his face. She hadn't noticed how suffocating it is to see her at the tip of his fingers, so near... yet so far away from him.

Hermione burst out laughing, at his very inconvenient remark. She laughed till she shed a few tears. Draco couldn't miss this opportunity to finally touch her, he leaned forward and wiped away the tears off her cheek with his thumb as gentle as possible. At this simple, yet heartwarming gesture, Hermione felt her stomach flip and felt all of the blood rush to her cheek.

"Well well well, who would've thought I'll be consoling the beaver as she cries... Emotional aren't we?" He smirked. She scoffed at him, and we're back to normal! She thought before sighing internally.

"It isn't the first time.." Hermione added teasingly, which she regretted immediately because it made the both of them uneasy. Draco went visibly pale while she shifted in her seat uncomfortably. She really didn't want to  have this conversation with him, especially after all they've been through.

"The past is in the past now, I think we should carry on with the interview." Hermione smiled reassuringly. She was biting the inside of her bottom lip, looking anywhere and everywhere. She thought it wouldn't be that hard after all these years.

"Granger I-"

"It's ok Malfoy, I'm over it. Now let's move on.... Shall we?" She said giving him an assuring smile. Little did he know that he was also a reason why she cried sometimes, but of course she wouldn't ever say that to him. No scratch that, she wouldn't ever want to admit that to him... After all, all he wanted was the best for her not more.

"Why would we move on with the interview? You're hired!" He put back the papers neatly on his desk then he ran his hand through his hair, a habit he seems to do often whenever he's nervous.

"Seriously Malfoy? Interesting, I'm really disappointed with the hours I spent outside, I could've went and had a Tawouk sandwich or something."

Draco frowned apparently in deep thought, "what's Tawouk?" he asked her, confusion drawn all over his face. At his question, Hermione gasped, "You don't know what Tawouk is?! Oh dear God, we have to go have it someday! It's really the best thing ever!" Draco chuckled, only Hermione would be able to invite the man who hired her like five seconds ago to go eat some middle eastern food, shaking his head he said to her before she left the meeting room.

"Please be here at 11 tomorrow."

"I'll be there!"

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

That night, Draco couldn't stop thinking of what Hermione said. It was true of course, he has made her cry but he didn't know till later. Draco and Hermione haven't always been enemies, the took potions their last year of Hogwarts and they became kinda good friends. Who am I kidding? They became super close actually.... Way too close. It was obvious from the two sides that they had feelings for each other, but they never admitted it, for reasons too complex for me to even understand. Draco was going to confess to her on her birthday, but apparently Ron had a bigger plan... Ronald Weasley proposed to Hermione in front of the entire school. 

Just like that, Draco gave up and didn't talk to Hermione the way he used to before. They grew away from each other because Ron was such a control freak. Well and because Draco knew that Weasel was her last chance to find happiness, he will make her happier more than Draco can ever even try.

Hermione is really NOT a morning person, for one reason only, it is simply impossible to fix her hair within less than 40 minutes and it's just frustrating.

Having a piece of toast while listening to a muggle song on the radio she saw that she had exactly 5 minutes to be at work.

"Shit shit shit shit shit....." She got dressed while completing breakfast. She had no time at all to straighten her hair. Walking into her walk-in closet and chose a simple outfit, the she tied her hair in a messy bun with a few strands standing out.

Hermione arrived at exactly 10:59, she was relieved when she saw that the office looked empty, she waited for a minute before entering. Thank Dumbldore I wasn't late, she kept saying to herself. She kept herself busy by fixing stuff all arounf the office, and by tiding everything. Still no sign of her new boss. Finally when she finally got really tired, she sat down on the seat from across Draco's seat, Draco entered the room 

"Woah brown curls! Wow Granger are you trying hide with that hair?"

"Malfoy please tell me that my hair isn't that bad," she groaned.

"Who said it's bad Granger? Bythe way we really need to call each other using first names if you're going out with me everyday now, it would be weird calling my right hand by her last name, and I'm sure as hell not calling you Weasley anytime soon..." He mumbled the last part to himself to hear only.

"Yeah you're right."

"... And I'm giving you a makeover. Being my right hand, means we gotta to go to all those weird places together, besides who doesn't like shopping?!"

"Easy there Ma-Draco, aren't you going too far?" Hermione laughed nervously, fiddly with the end of her skirt.

Draco looked at his nails as if checking his nail polish, "Pur-lease," he sexily muttered, "When it comes to shopping, I have no limits." 

Hermione had to think this through, then she finally sighed surrendering and she said, "Fine, lemme get my purse, and we'll be going...."

"You won't be needing it, I'm buying." Malfoy smirked. 

But Hermione being the stubborn woman she is, she kept arguing till Draco literally had to rush her out. He held her over his shoulder then walked out to the street, all along Hermione banging her fists on his back, shouting at him to put her down. That shouting didn't help her one bit though... Because Draco was just as stubborn as he is and he didn't like it when someone went against his word.

🌹❤🌹❤

1294 words, *wipes sweat from forehead* wow that took so much time and effort! I'm physically and mentally drained... Just like I'm doing with my other story, I'm redoing all of my chapters. This strategy turned out very helpful because the writer's block I'm having is huge. 

Thanks for reading guys, I love you people. 

It would mean a lot to me if you voted. Even if you don't, thank you for reading.

Follow me on twitter, username: @kleib_yasmina 

Bye lovelies.

October 27, 2016