F o u r t e e n

Important author's note at the end, enjoy your reading.

Chapter 14: Bucket Lists

It is true that some people live for certain moments in their lives. It is also true that Draco Malfoy has recently discovered that he hasn't been actually living, until a certain someone walked back into his life. More like burned the door down, but you got the point!

Now, he only lives for all those moments in which she's happy, he lives for the energy that radiates every time she walks into the room. He lives for the mornings he wakes up next to her, and the nights he falls asleep with her in his arms.

That day specifically, he discovered another reason for him to live. He also lives to watch that small bump growing on her stomach. It was still very early in the morning, and he had woken up before her. She was sleeping there in an adorable position, with her lips merely parted, her brown curls all over the pillow, and her long eyelashes resting peacefully over her eyelids. He grabbed her waist slowly and pulled her closely to him, burying his head in her hair and breathing her in.

He fell asleep again in that position, with one hand under her back and the other resting on her stomach. He didn't sleep for long though, soon after he was woken up with smooth lips being pressed on his forehead so gently.

Opening his eyes very slowly, he woke up to find Hermione all dressed up with a table beside her, on which a tray full of two plates with delicious pancakes. Smiling at her, he raised a finger asking her to let him sleep for one more second.

Just as he was snuggling further into the pillows, Hermione sighed loudly and murmured about how she was obliged to eat all of those pancakes. Soon enough, Hermione started eating the food with occasional small moans between the chews.

Half a minute later, Draco was fully awake, sitting straight on the bed with a fork in his mouth enjoying the chocolate pleasure. Hermione knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't be able to resist all of the pancake goodness.

After finishing their meal, Draco and Hermione sat on the balcony enjoying the weather. Midway through the piece of classical music they were listening to, Draco raised his wand and stopped the music. Turning towards Hermione and taking her hands in his, he said so softly, "Curls, I don't want you to think that I'm rushing you or anything... But can you please tell me what happened last night? I was scared for you to death, and I want you to know that I am always here to hear you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on."

Silent tears fell from Hermione's eyes to her lap. She mentally cursed those pregnancy hormones, she hated crying. As soon as Draco noticed the tears staining her Pajama pants, he lifted her chin and wiped the tears away.

"Curls..." His voice broke down a little when he saw her like that, so sad, so vulnerable... "Please tell me," he begged her with his eyes full of worry and sincerity.

One look at those big puppy eyes of his made her sigh in defeat and fix her posture. "I just needed some time to think, and I was feeling stressed out."

"Yeah, but what stressed you out? Is it something I did?" He pushed to know more details. Hermione avoided his gaze and denied it, of course it hadn't been him, he'd been amazing to her.

Finally Hermione whispered, "I'm terrified Draco..."

She saw Draco's shoulders stiffen at the mention of her fear, obviously he's scared of what's the future's hiding as well. Clearing her throat, she frowned while looking at the ball behind him, she said, "You don't have to stay with me, I've lost my chance already a long time ago and she was right you deserve bett-" Hermione stopped talking immediately, with her pupils dilating as the realization struck her that she mentioned Jessica. Raising a hand to her mouth, she started panicking and directly changed the subject. But Draco heard her anyways, so he stopped her fiddling fingers by taking them into his hands again and asked her in a hushed tone, "What do you mean?"