T e n

Chapter 10:
New York City
🌹❤🌹❤

Startled Draco turned around to greet who called his name...

"Oh hello Jessica," he said smiling politely at her, "how have you been?"

"Marvellous! I recently broke up with Rupert." She said in a flirtatious way.

"Congrats!" He raisef his champagne glass in a toast.

Her laughter filled the place as she raised her glass as well.
"So, what about you? Still shagging everyone?"

"No not everyone, "he smiled smugly at her, "just one."

Her mouth mirrored an"oh", "Is she here? Or is it a he?" She grinned at him.

"Yeah she's here.... If you look behind me right now, you'll be able to see the most beautiful woman you ever laid eyes on, talking to Prince William"

"She's okay I guess... Can't really say she's beautiful," she said inspecting Hermione.

"Yeah you're right, that's an understatement, she's absolutely perfect!" Draco said as he sipped his champagne.

"Well seems like she's done cause she's heading here right now...."

Draco directly turned around and saw Hermione indeed walking in his direction, she had a weird smile on her face. He has never seen it before, but he knows her well enough to distinguish this one as fake.

Offering her his hand, she gladly took it and stood by his side, offering her right hand to Jessica.
Jessica looked closely at her hand, then finally shook it.

"Hermione Granger. Pleasure meeting you."

"Jessica Ferrara. Pleasure is all mine," she answered in a bitter tone.

Draco could easily sense trouble, so he ended the glaring contest by saying, "She's also known as Future Mrs Malfoy."

Whatever happened next, it was too fast... Jessica choked on the sip of champagne she took.... And shouted, "Excuse me, what?! You've known the girl for like two days and noe you're marrying her?!"

"Actually we've known each other since we were eleven." Hermione states matter-of-factly.
Draco confirmed that whatever she says won't affect them by kissing her forehead, then pulled her closer to him by the waist.

The smile that Jessica forced to her face seemed to be very painful. Draco was very proud that Hermione doesn't need backup, but she was provided with it anyways....

"Are you here with someone Jessica?" Draco says trying to ease the awkwardness.

"As a matter of fact, I am!" She returns her full attention to Draco's handsome figure. "It's not serious though."

"Oh..." Draco said, hating being in that position, "Well I hope he's a good guy," he finally finished.

"One of the best! His name is Ronald Weasley! He's really a great guy...."

Hermione and Draco choked on their drinks, Draco was drinking champagne while Hermione drank some juice to avoid hurting the baby.

"Wasn't he dating Vanessa?" Hermione asked shocked.

"Ah yes," Jessica sighed, "turns out it wasn't his child so he left her. Who could blame him? His own girlfriend got knocked up, by God knows who! She must be a slut."

Draco was able to feel Hermione becoming uneasy beside him, so he just said, "Excuse us. But we have to go now, it was a pleasure seeing you."

With that said, he took Hermione to the garden and let her sit on a chair. Once she was seated, he kneeled down in front of her.

He wiped away her silent tears, and as soon as his fingers caressed her cheeks, she turned her head to place a little kiss on the tip of his fingers.

"Want to ditch this whole thing and go somewhere?" Draco asks, trying to cheer her up...

"Where to?" She laughed.

"Anywhere you want... Just you and me! C'mon Curls! Let's hit the road!"

"But what about the Royal family?"

"Ah we'll go apologise and excuse ourselves."

Inded, that is what they did.... They apologised that Hermione got really sick, and that Draco needs to get her to the hospital, as soon as possible!

***

They made a quick stop on the way, to their apartment. He went upstairs and packed a suitcase for both of them.

Hermione and Draco had a short argument, Hermione wanted to apparate but Draco stayed put and refused to negotiate with her. He just held her over his shoulder with their suitcases held by his assistant, and their passports in his hand.

"Draco Malfoy! Put me down this instant!" Hermione said half-laughing, half-serious.

"I'm sorry Curls, you stand no chance. Nothing will change my mind to allow you putting yourself and ou- I mean your baby in danger!So I suggest you shut it cause I'm not putting you down until we are in that car and you behind a seatbelt."

"How did Jessica keep up with you?" Hermione mumbled as he put her in the car.

"Oh, so you ARE jealous!" Draco said, then turned around the car and got into the drivers' seat.

"Am not!" She defended.

"Hell yes you are!" Draco beamed at her.

"I am NOT jealous!"

"Yes I can see it in your beautiful facial expressions"

"Calling my face beautiful won't make me confess!"

"You just admitted that there is something you're hiding, and that something is clearly jealousy!"

"That makes absolutely no sense at all! Why would I be jealous of some girl you probably sleep with all the time... and probably will sleep with tomorrow morning, or toni-" Hermione mumbled, but like usual, Draco interrupted her, this time differently though, he pressed the brakes so quickly, and he turned to her with furious eyes.

"Hermione, how could you?! For the past four weeks, I have been trying to tell you that I feel guilty that you're not with Weasley yet pregnant with his child. If I told you earlier, maybe you would've left him and you wouldn't feel this pain of separating from him, you wouldn't have had to go through all that! I would have been able to stop it a long time. I wanted to protect you, I wanted to protect you from my family, from the press, from the ministry of magic, all I wanted was that you have a regular life with someone who will be able to make you happy without the need that you be judged for marrying an ex-deatheater! You have no idea how much it hurt when I saw you cry... I wanted to kill that arse! I wanted him to cry blood because he made you cry! But now I'm trying to make it right, all I want is to make sure you have that baby of yours, I want you to be able to get him or her everything they need, I want you to prove to Weasel that you don't need him in your life! But most importantly, I want to be the person you will run to when in need, I want to be that person that you depend on!"

With Draco's speech said, the rest of the drive was unusually silent. His clenched fist around the steering wheel were white. He was very mad at Hermione for what she said, but he was even madder that she didn't defend herself, nor say any comment on his entire speech.

The rest of the drive to the airport was indeed very awkward.

🌹❤🌹❤

You know the rules, five votes= new chapter, but please feel free to leave a comment as well! The next chapter will be very interesting *wiggles eyebrows*, also.... I will dedicate my next chapter to the first person who comments :D yay!

Mina out. ❤

It would mean a lot to me if you voted. Even if you don't, thank you for reading.

June 22, 2017