Epilogue: Red Curls

Three Years Later, May 30th

It was a beautiful day. Started off with a lot of jumping on the bed, something about birthday pancakes and tawouk for breakfast.

He'd been obsessed with Tawouk since the day Hermione made him try it years ago. His kids seem to have caught on with him. They might not share the same genes but they act like Draco Malfoy more than Draco Malfoy himself.

"Daddy," beautiful little Rosie smiled at him from behind her thick eyelashes. "Why is your hair so yellow?"

It was the first time she'd asked such an odd question.

"Well," He grunted as her picked her up, "I guess I eat too many lemons." And kissed her chubby little cheek.

"But I don't like tomatoes." She seemed so worried with that annoyed expression on her face.

He laughed softly, "What does that have to do with anything kiddo?"

She grabbed a chunk of her hair in despair and said, "Look at how red it is, but I don't like tomatoes.!" The very idea seemed to be taking a lot of her emotions.

This is when Draco threw his head back and laughed out loud, "I love you, do you know that?"

"I love you too Daddy, but what about my hair, can we take it back and get some other color? Pink maybe?!"

Draco put her on the counter of the kitchen and crouched a little. "Weren't you just saying the other day that you love your hair for its color?"

"Well yes, but I don't like tomatoes."

"Hmm," Draco nodded slowly. "Well you do like strawberies, don't you?"

Rosie stared at her joined tiny fingers and thought the thing through. His opinion seemed enough to satisfy her three-year-old brain. She nodded her head with conviction. She knitted her eyebrows the same way Hermione did whenever she was focused. He kissed her forehead right above them. Hermione had given birth to two exact copies of her only with red curls instead of brown ones.

"Mr. Malfoy would you please come with us?"

Draco rushed ahead, "Is everything okay? Did they all make it?"

"Why don't you come meet your daughters?" The nurse smiled ever so sweetly at him as she led him to another room.

He went back and grabbed Ron by the sleeve. "Let's go meet our daughters, mate."

"Now baby, why don't you go ask Winky for help and get dressed? I need to make us some pancakes."

"With strawberries on top?" Ella peeked her head from behind the kitchen door.

"Good morning sleepy head! Of course with strawberries, what kind of quesion is this?" His daughter smirked the Malfoy smirk at him then rushed to hug him.

"Go get dressed, love." He kissed Ella on the head, "Breakfast will be ready in no time."

They were running upstairs in no time. Having kids in the house meant never being bored.

Exhausted? Yes.

Crazy? Sometimes.

Annoyed? Often.

But bored? Nope never, there was something new everyday.

That very day, everyone was expected for the twins' birthday. It was so hugely celebrated each year that it could easily be called a holiday.

Draco felt someone wrapping his hands around his waist. In the speed of light he grabbed Hermione and had her on the counter, exactly where he had Rosie a few minutes ago. He started kissing her neck, going up her jawline, continuing to her lips. Tickling her through the entire process.

She broke off the kiss. "I have a question for you."

"What is it with you girls and questions today? Can't a man kiss his wife in peace?"

"Huh?"

"Rosie and I had a discussion about why my hair is so yellow, how much she loves strawberries and she expressed her hate for tomatoes."

Hermione chuckled and wrapped her legs around him, "I have a similar question then."

Draco kissed her neck once again, "Ask away."

"Do you think it will have yellow hair this time?"

Draco was very confused. "You know for the brightest witch of your age, you ought to make more comprehensible sentences."

"Let me rephrase then. Do you think our baby, will have blond hair?"

"What bab-" And that's when it hit him, "No!" Hermione could've sworn she saw hearts in his eyes.

"A baby? Oh my God, we're gonna have three!" He started kissing her all over again. "I'm not sure whether to cry of joy or freak out."

"You should probably freak out, we'll have a lot of time for crying these next two years."

"I love you so much, I hope you know that."

"You better, because I love you way more."

"Yeah no, we're not doing this."

"Bitch, I'm having a baby in eight months. The least you can do is let me win."

What they didn't notice, however, was Ella who had re-entered the kitchen. The first word that left her mouth was Bitch.

Draco's first reaction was to say, "Holy shit, no don't say that!"

Rosie popped in beside her sister, "What's holy shit, daddy?"

Hermione was torn between laughing or crying herself this time.

The End.

Published: November 24, 2018 at 1:41 am.

It would mean a lot to me if you voted. Even if you don't, thank you for reading.