N i n e

Chapter 9
The Gala

🌹❤🌹❤

Hermione still couldn't believe that she will be attending a gala hosted by the Royal family! The Royal family of course has known about the Wizarding World for centuries, but they only made contact with a few people.

During both Wizarding Wars, the entire Castle was protected, and the family was sent to a safer place. Today, there is at least one wizard out of five bodyguards.

Queen Elizabeth's very own bodyguard, is one of the best aurors across the world. He is with her at all times.

Another thing is that, Prince George was actually a Muggleborn wizard, and so was his sister! It was a complete shock to have both of the children developing such talents at such a young age. They will be sent to Hogwarts once they're at age. Hermione looked suspiciously at Draco, while crossing her arms around her chest. "Draco, what is this about? Honestly?"

"Look! It's just that I had an invitation for two, considering we will claim that we're dating I thought of taking you. Besides, I remember that you always wanted to meet Queen Elizabeth."

She felt dizzy, what did she ever do to deserve this? He was being nice to her, after all these years... If it was someone else, he would spit on her by now.

True, he let her go.

True, he wanted what's best for her.

True, she could've stuck to him and faced the rest of the world beside him; instead of choosing the easy path.

True that she was being a coward! But not anymore! Life gave her another chance so why waste it?

"Okay!" Said Hermione firmly.

"Okay?" Draco flashed her a smile of his own.

"Okay ," Hermione smiled at him.
"What is this? 'The Fault in Our Stars'? Cause last time I checked.... I'm the one that will die!" Draco joked.

"Oh shush!" Hermione teased.

"Let's go get ready Granger," he said giving her a hand.

"Draco?"

"Yeah curls?"

"Don't call me Granger please...."

"What? Want me to call you Weasley?"

"Jerk!" She half-whispered half-shouted as she hit his shoulder.

"A rather hot jerk though"

"You wish"

"You're living in denial Brown Curls! We both know you want me...."

"HA!"

"So if I kiss you right now, you won't give a damn about it?"

"No I wouldn't, but we both know you won-" she was cut of by Draco crashing his lips into hers. He closed the gap between them, by holding her waist closer to him. Her hands roamed his chest then reached his hair.

When the kiss was over, they were both breathing heavily, and Draco rested his forehead on hers.

"I'm sorry I let you go...."

"I'm sorry I didn't fight to stay..."

"Can you give me a chance?"

"Can you give me some time? With the baby, and the wedding cancelled I ju-" for the second time that day, she was cut off. He put a finger on her lips to stop her from talking, resting his forehead on hers.