Chapter 3

This is just a filler. Just some narry fluff. c:

 “Niall honey I’m home!” He heard his mum call from the living room. He put his pencil down, and went to greet his mother.

“Hello mum. How was your day?” Niall hugged her, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“It was good, thank you. I only have time for dinner because they called me in for a night shift.” Niall furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Why?” He sounded hurt, but he was. His mum was always at work, she was a nurse for the local hospital so he knew where she was at all times, but sometimes he wished she’d quit.

He heard his mum sigh, “We got a lot new people in tonight. There was an accident just down the road, at least 30 injured.”

Niall took in a sharp intake, “30? Why is there so many?”

“It was bad, Ni. It was a school bus filled with preschoolers. Oh it’s so sad. Luckily they all survived, but they are in ICU, so they need me.”

Niall sighed once more before following his mum into the kitchen, and began working on dinner.

--

Once his mum left, Niall finished his homework and decided to take a walk. He knew of this lovely park just up the street, not a lot of people went to it though. It was mostly abandoned, but he loved it. There were always colorful flowers that he loved to stare it, and sometimes he’d pick a few to take home, and surprise his mum with.

Niall slipped on a light jacket, and his shoes, before making his way out. He locked the door behind him, and began his journey.

Well, it really wasn’t a journey since the park was about 5 minutes away from his house, but he still took the time to take in his surroundings. His neighborhood was always quiet, and was mostly filled with old couples. Niall knew most of the people living near him, and they adored him.

Every year, Niall would cut their grass, and shovel snow for them. He tried to do it for free, but they insisted on paying him. He had kept the money in a jar, and only used it for emergencies. A lot was saved up for University though, but he kept that in a separate jar.

Finally, he reached his designation. Niall made his way to the swings they still had put up, which was a surprise. Most of the things were tore down, or just left to break on their own.

He sat down, and stared down at the mulch like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He had to be staring at it for at least 10 minutes, before he heard his name being called.  Startled, he looked up and saw someone jogging towards him. He couldn’t make out who it was until, oh.

It was Harry.

The conversation from earlier flooded his mind, but he pushed it away, for now.