Chapter 9

Special thanks to UnicornPost for my cover xx

I like this chapter because it shows Niall slowly processing to being no so innocent anymore.

--

Niall stood nervously in front of the mirror; he was currently fixing his hair, before Harry got there. He was trying to go with a clean look, but he didn't want to look like he was trying to hard.

He ran his hand through his hair a few times, before sighing frustrated. He heard a giggle from behind him, and he looked in the mirror to see his mother standing there.

"I see you're having trouble." She stated. He shyly nodded, and watched as his mother approached him. She made his hair slightly spiked up, but made it look neatly.

She grabbed his cologne and gave him a small spray. "What time is Harry supposed to be here?"

Niall glanced at his phone; "In 5 minutes." He sounded strained. He was nervous; he was terrified.

"Just be calm, okay? I love you." She said as there was a knock on the door.

Niall gulped, "He's early." He wiped away sweat that was starting to form, and tried to calm his breathing.

"I'll go get the door; calm down."

His mother walked out, and down to the door. She opened it, and gave Harry a smile. "You look lovely." She commented.

He wore a black shirt, with long sleeves that were rolled up to his elbows, with black skinny jeans.

Harry flashed her a grin, "Thank you."

His mother moved back, and gave him room to come in.

"Niall should be ready any minute now, he's just freaking out in the bathroom."

"MUM!" Niall shouted from upstairs; clearly hearing her.

Harry and Niall's mum giggled together; and laughed harder when Niall came down shooting both of them a glare.

"It's not funny." He mumbled, while grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him out the door.

"Have fun, and be safe!" His mum shouted from the doorway.

--

"We're getting ice cream first? Why am I not surprised." Harry sniggered while Niall blushed.

"Shut up, I was in the mood for ice cream." He mumbled.

He held the door open for Harry, and then walked in after him. Together they walked to the counter, "Pick whatever you want. I have enough money."

Harry nodded, and scanned the menu before telling the lady behind the counter he wanted cookies and cream in a cup.

Niall snorted, "In a cup? Cones are so much better. I'll have mint chocolate chip in a cone, please."

Harry pouted, "Are you making fun of me?"

Niall, still not used to being open to the world, begin to stutter. "N-n-no-o Harry, I'd never."

Harry pulled Niall into his chest, and held him as the lady made their ice cream. "I was joking, Ni. Don't worry about it. I like you being not so innocent, but I wouldn't change you" He whispered in his ear.

"A-a-re you sure?" He whispered. He felt Harry nod, and sighed in relief.

He wrapped an arm around Harry's waist, and grabbed his ice cream when it was done.