Chapter 5

The following morning, everyone in school had heard the news about the fight. Whispers of many theories escaped each student's lips. Some say Josh went crazy, and attacked him. Others say they were arguing before Josh punched him.

But nobody knew the truth, except Josh. But Josh wasn't here anymore. They finally sent him away to get help.

Niall was nervous for school, his bruises hadn't gone away, but some of the swelling did. He pictured how Harry would react; he wondered if Harry even knew. His thoughts were confirmed as he made his way to first period.

"NIALL!" Niall heard his name from down the hall. Many gasps were heard, but Niall focused on the boy.

He hadn't seen the boy before, but somehow the boy knew of him. Niall turned to the him, "Yes? Do I know you?"

The boy shook his head, "I'm Zayn. I am a friend of Harry, speaking of who he's looking for you, but so are Josh's friends. So follow me."

His angel was looking for him? That was enough for him to follow behind Zayn. He was surprised Zayn had even come up to him, and talk to him. Did Harry send him? He decided to ask.

"Urm, Zayn..." He waited for the boy to turn his way. "Why were you looking for me?" He whispered. His lips were still hurting, so it pained him to talk.

Zayn shrugged, and gave Niall a crooked smile, "Any friend of Harry's, is a friend of ours." Niall felt his heart speed up, and it felt like his stomach did a flip. Friend? He had another friend?

"Who are the others?" Niall couldn't help but ask.

"Well, there is Louis, which he kind of has that know it all attitudes, but he's nice I promise. He's also really funny. He can make anyone laugh. Then there is Liam, which is my boyfriend. He's sweet, and caring, but can be very demanding, and sometimes rude." Zayn chuckled.

"We'll all get along fine. I promise. Harry has told us many good things about you." Niall smiled really big, his angel talked about him! He had friends!

Niall giggled, and blushed. It warmed Zayn's heart knowing he caused this young lad happiness. He felt sorry for him, though. Zayn, or anybody else in their group, had never seen, or heard of Niall, except Louis. Louis had classes with Niall all through elementary and middle school.

Louis was scared; he blamed himself for Nialls constantly being beat to a pulp. He had tried though, back in freshman year when he came out as gay.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Louis yelled at Josh, and Nathan. Josh turned around, and chuckled. "Look, faggot. Someone has come to your rescue." Nathan burst out laughing, landing another kick to Niall's ribs. "Why would anyone help a faggot?" Nathan sneered.

Louis pushed his feet harder, as he ran towards them. His best friends were gay, and he couldn't stand by and watch someone get beat for their sexuality. Louis raised his arms, and pushed hard when he came into contact with Nathan's shoulder.

"I said, leave him alone!" Louis yelled out in rage. Nathan landed on his side, he winced when he sat up. He sent a glare, and stood up when he realized what happened. Nathan marched up to Louis, and grabbed his shirt collar. He lifted Louis up into the air until he was hanging.

"If I ever see you, or hear you, I WILL beat you into a bloody pulp. I don't even want you around this faggot, understand?" Louis gulped before nodding.

All he did was try to help, and instead he gets threatened.

Ever since then, Louis had been scared. If it wasn't for Harry, Louis would never be speaking to Niall. Louis had changed though; he had worked out, and gotten stronger. He was a lot braver then he used to be. The threat still waked his thoughts, though, but he realized that he needed to move on, and do what was right. Protecting the young lad was the right thing to do.