Chapter 23

This chapter sucks. Sorry.

--

"Anyway, this chick, Haley was her name, came up to me and was grabbing a hold of me and, - hey are you even listening?"

Niall hummed, and nodded, even though he was barely listening. He was to busy texting Harry.

Alfie sighed, "No you're not, you're texting your boyfriend."

Niall glanced up to Alfie, "My boyfriend has a name, and his name is Harry." He snapped. Alfie huffed, and slumped back into his seat.

"Since when were you rude?" He asked, and just like that, Niall's heart began to race, and his hands trembled. He was still getting used to the fact that people were rude, and sometimes mean.

"I-I'm not. I-I...I'm sorry." His voice shook, and Alfie grinned in satisfaction.

"Now, that is the Niall I know! What happened to you, bud? I miss you. You aren't the same anymore."

Niall sighed, and rubbed at his temples. "I'm not talking about this."

"We need to talk about this, Niall! You keep putting it off.

"I'm going to bed." Niall said abruptly, and walked off to the guest room. He didn't understand why Alfie was like this, why couldn't he just accept the way he is now? He didn't get it. Niall stared at the ceiling for another 3 hours, until sleep finally came his way.

--

"Niall, wake up. We're leaving."

He groaned, and rolled over, lazily opening his eyes. "I've only been asleep for 2 hours! I'm not leaving!" He shoved his face back into the pillow, and tried to ignore Alfie.

"We're going to a party. Get up, and get dressed, or I will drag you." He warned. Niall groaned, and sat up. He sent a glare to Alfie, before pulling the blanket off of him and stalked towards his suitcase. He grabbed a pair of skinnies, and a black t-shirt and turned towards Alfie. He raised an eyebrow at him, "Why are you still here? I need to get dressed."

Alfie quickly nodded, and hurried out the room. With a sigh, Niall got dressed.

They didn't talk on the car ride there. It was awkward, to say the least. When they pulled up, Alfie turned towards him. "Some people in here are mean, and they won't take it easy if they know you are gay. Try not to hang around the guys, try to focus on the girls. Got it?"

Niall simply ignored him, and made his way out. Alfie quickly followed, and with a sigh grabbed Niall by his arm and turned him towards himself. "Stop being so difficult. I'm just trying to help."

Niall shrugged off his arm, "I don't need help. I don't care if they don't like me. I'm only staying here for a few more days, it's not like they will track me down. And if you don't remember, I've been getting bullied for years because of my sexuality. It's nothing new." He hissed, and stalked off towards the back of the house.

Alfie groaned, and rubbed his face. He decided to let Niall cool, before approaching him. He sighed, for what seemed like the 100th time this night, and walked into the house. He was instantly greeted by his friends, and his friend Eddie handed him a beer.

"It's good to see you, man." Eddie cheered, and clanked his beer against his. "Where's that Niall kid you've been telling us about? Kristy is excited to see him." He smirked.

Alfie grunted, "She has no luck when it comes to him. I thought you told her that?"

Eddie shrugged, "It must have slipped my mind. He's never even been with a girl, why doesn't he just try?"

Alfie rolled his eyes, and pushed his friend way. "He's gay, and he knows that. Don't mess with him, I mean it."

Eddie raised his hands in surrender, "Fine. Fine." He smirked. "Haley is here. She's drunk, too."

Alfie smirked, and made his way to the drunken girl.

--

Niall stared up at the stars, trying to ignore the party happening behind him. He didn't even want to be here, but he had no choice. He thought about leaving, but he knew Alfie would get drunk, and then he wouldn't have a way home. He just wanted to go home, out of America, he wanted to be with his mum again, and Harry and his friends. He missed them.

Niall tore his gaze away from the stars, to a girl who was standing next to him. She looked back at Niall, and sent him a timid smile. "Hi, you're Niall, right?" She asked.

He nodded, and gave her a curious look. "I'm Brooke, Alfie's friend. He's told me a lot about you."

Niall gave her a small, 'oh,' before taking in her looks. She had long brown hair, which was pinned straight. She wore shorts that stopped mid thigh, and a pale pink tank top.

"It's nice to meet you, Brooke." He gave her a small smile.

"He told me you were gay. I'm lesbian, but I haven't told anyone yet."

Niall raised his eyebrows, shocked. "Then why did you tell me?"

Brooke shrugged slightly, "I haven't met someone who liked the same gender, and I would like a friend who knew what I go through." She whispered. Niall instantly smiled, the word friend always making him do that. He still wasn't used to having more then 1 friend, and now he would gladly accept anyone who called him friend.

"I'd love to be your friend."

--

Niall struggled to hold up his drunken friend. Alfie was beyond smashed, and he was having trouble getting him to the car. "God Alfie, you weigh a ton." He groaned.

Alfie laughed, and slumped into Niall even more. "You're silly, Ni. I weigh... I weigh like this much."

"Like what?"

"Like...I don't knooooow!" Alfie laughed, and Niall finally made it to the car. He dug through Alfie's pocket until he grabbed of the keys. He threw in Alfie in the back seat, and got in the front.

By the time they made it home, Alfie was fast asleep. Niall banged his head against the steering wheel, and after a few minutes sitting there, got out. He basically carried Alfie into the house, and into the room.

As he was laying him in bed, he awoke. "Niall....will you...will you sleep with me?" He mumbled.

Niall slowly shook his head, "Sorry Alfie, not tonight."

"But why? Is it because of that Styles kid? I don't like him, he isn't good for you!" Alfie whined.

Niall held in his anger, and instead stormed off to the guest room. Sleep was very much needed at this moment, but the longer he lay in bed, the more he was awake, and Alfie's words rung inside his head.

Isn't good for you... Isn't good for you.

He knew that wasn't true, Harry was perfect for him, but maybe it was him who wasn't good for Harry, but even so, he couldn't get that out of his head. What Alfie said was stuck inside his head, like it was meant to be there. No matter what he did, or tried to think of, they played back. And he suddenly remembered Harry with that boy at the mall, and he realized he still hasn't found out who he was.

--

This chapter wasn't good, and I blame myself. I'm so exhausted, and just need sleep. Thank you for getting Innocent 1.1k votes! That's amazing. :)

Dedication to C_Whoran because she, and her book, is amazing!

Last chapter recieved 75+ votes. That's amazing!

75 votes= next update