Chapter 21

Niall hummed quietly to himself, as he fixed his hair in the mirror. He was leaving tomorrow morning, and today was going to be spent on spending time with his mum. He was leaving his phone home, so he wouldn’t get interrupted.

“Niall, are ready?” He heard his mum shout. He didn’t respond, he walked out and met his mum by the front door. He gave his mum a smile, and followed her out the door. They were going to the mall, and then out to eat. His mum needed a dress for her date, and he was happy to help.

At the mall, they headed to a shop that displayed beautiful dresses. “Are you sure these are your type?” Niall asked scanning over the dresses.

“They sure are. Look at this dress.” His mum pulled out an olive green dress, which had long sleeves, and stopped at the knees. Niall snorted, and quickly shook his head.

“That dress is hideous.” He rummaged through the dresses, and pulled out a dress that had caught his eye. It was a dark blue, and it clung to the curves. It had diamonds around the collar, and the sleeves stopped at the elbows. “Now this dress, this dress is perfect.” He showed his mum, who studied it before nodding.

His mum grabbed the dress, and went to walk to the dressing room, but not before whispering in his ear, “Your gay is showing.” She joked, and pecked his cheek before leaving him standing there.

Niall stood there baffled, his face quickly heating up. He dropped his head down in embarrassment, and walked to the dressing room to wait.

After a moment, his mother stepped out in the dress. It stopped above her knees, and she looked beautiful in it. Niall gave her two thumps out, and watched his mother sigh in relief.

--

After a long day of shopping, they finally headed down to the lunch room the mall had. Niall stood in line for the Chinese stand. He loved their chicken, and rice. He wasn’t a fan of their egg roll, though. He just didn’t fancy it. He ordered a thing of Sweet and Sour chicken, with fried rice. His order was done within 5 minutes. That was a reason why he loved it; they were fast, and very good.

He joined his mother at the table, which she had gotten pizza.

“So, how are you and Harry?” His mum asked. Niall tensed, but quickly tried to relax. Was he supposed to lie?

“Uh, er, well, -“

“You two are fighting?” She cut him off. Niall gave a defeated sigh, and nodded.

“Why?” His mother raised her brows in questioning. Maura was very fond of Harry. She loved him, and was so happy to hear her son had gotten a boyfriend.

Niall sighed again, before launching into his story. “He’s been acting weird all week, barely talking to me, or touching me, nothing. It was like I wasn’t even his boyfriend, or friend. Then he snaps at me when I ask him what was wrong. Only to find out something is going on at home, and he can’t even trust me enough to tell me! I’m his boyfriend!”