Chapter four: Werewolves and other fun things

Slowly but surely the words imprinted themselves into my mind, they were hard to process and I had never had to think this heard about such few words spoken by anyone but myself. He stared at me from the corner of his eyes, his knuckles white, his face tense and his shoulders matching. I looked at him without shame and tried to make clear I thought he had gone mad with just one look.

He sighed and pulled over. We were now halfway between my house and the city, meaning in the middle of nowhere. The blood was still seeping out of my wound down my leg and onto the floor of the car, it was a strange feeling, not at all like water flowing down as if you were in the shower or outside during heavy rainfall, but right now my leg was one of the least of my worries.

I was sitting next to a man-that he surely was- whom was furious, protective and speaking of werewolves.

“Have you eaten anything weird? A strange mushroom perhaps?” I asked him without the desire to sound like I was joking.

“Jenn…” The tone of his voice was filled with anger, compassion, guilt and anticipation.

“Did you honestly believe I would believe such a ridiculous explanation? i fear you have gone mad.” I told him with a serious expression as I looked him straight into his hazel eyes that reminded me of the wolf’s, my wolf’s.

“I didn’t think you would believe it, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t hope that you would. Now I’ll have to show you.” He said. he got out of the car and walked over to my side with extensive speed. My first reaction was to lock the door but before my hand could reach the button the door had already been opened and Kyle was busy unfastening my seatbelt. I tried to struggle my way out of his grip. But he held my shoulders. My seatbelt slid away from me and I was free, apart from his hands. I looked away from him as I felt scared, this wasn’t supposed to happen. He was the normal nice guy, he played sports, he wasn’t supposed to talk about strange things, did he do this to joke around with me? it wasn’t funny at all…

“Jenn, look at me.” He said and when I didn’t he held my chin and made me look. I tried to avert my eyes but his followed my every move. “Jenn, I’m not joking, I’m not teasing you and I can prove it but you have to trust me.” He said.

“Trust you? Who ever said anything about trusting you? I don’t trust you I don’t trust anyone!” I screamed at him. I didn’t like to be in this position I didn’t want to be held down, he scared me, he needed to let go, I was never getting captured again, no one would ever again keep me locked up. “Let me go!” I screamed. I felt terrified, what if Kyle had been one of them? What if I had missed something? Did they come back to get me? I didn’t know, all I knew was that I was scared. Kyle must have realized I was scared since he stepped back and released me. I jumped out of the car and despite my hurting leg I ran, I ran as fast as I could. I heard the cry of a wolf behind me, the sound was heavenly, it made me feel safe. I stopped running and turned around. Behind me was a wolf, but not mine. On his body hung a shirt, Kyle’s shirt. The wolf ran towards me and I knew it was Kyle, the wolf had the same black color as his hair and his eyes were the same as well.

I had been wrong, Kyle never wanted to hurt me, in fact he was being honest so that he didn’t have to hide anything from me.

The wolf stopped about 5 feet away, he held his head up and howled. From the distance other howl emerged and I heard them come closer and closer. I stepped towards Kyle, scared of the other wolves, were they like him, or were they wild? Would my wolf come? I hoped so. Kyle licked my hand which surprised me for a moment but then I started petting him, it felt familiar. The soft fur was nothing like my wolves. I stared into the eyes of Kyle’s wolf form and I felt the tingly feeling appear again, the pleasant one. How was it possible I didn’t know what I felt while he was in his human form, but I didn’t feel anything besides joy when he was in his wolf form?