Chapter ten: The Kidnapped Princess

“Alright, it was about twelve years ago…” I sighed.

“I was playing in the garden, in the snow, my birthday had just passed and I would be going to Kyle’s that afternoon to celebrate because he had been away to family. A car stopped in front of our house and three men stepped out, dressed in black.

I can’t remember their faces all I know was that one of them was small and had a weird accent and the other two we’re really tall and both had blonde hair. They came towards me and since my parents weren’t home I did as I was told and went to the house. My parents always said that people who have business at our house were to ask at the door, ask them and not me. so I ran to the house but they followed.

When I reached the door and had grabbed the handle I felt hands around my waist. Strong hands and I could hardly breathe, I started crying and screaming, they started to panic and the small one put his hand over my mouth, they dragged me with them into their car the tall ones held me on the back seat and I was scared.

My mom had always told me what was okay and what wasn’t and I knew this wasn’t. I screamed whenever I was given the chance, hoping someone would hear, but no one did. I screamed for Kyle, for my mother and father, I even screamed for Thy and Regina. I was so scared and I wanted them to rescue me.

The small one screamed in a foreign language and slapped me with the back of his hand when we were standing in front of a stop sign. My cheek burned and my screaming grew dim, my tears fell silently.

I was scared of being hit again, of being hurt. Since I was crying and only five I never thought about taking in my surroundings, the windows weren’t blinded and I wasn’t in a van. Thinking back I don’t think they thought about it much, the kidnapping I mean.

After a long time they stopped at the edge of a city, at a warehouse, an empty one at that. they took me in with force since I was fighting to get free from their grips but I couldn’t do it. all it did me was earn another hard slap, this time from a hand with a ring on it, which made it hurt twice as bad. They locked the doors and dragged me further in through a labyrinth of hallways and room until we arrived at a room with a sofa a chair a bed a microwave, a fridge and a television. They tied me up to the chair which was too high for me to be able to touch the ground with my feet. Which made it even more difficult to try to escape. And there they held me, for days, they hit me when they felt like it, took pictures of me with the newspaper in front of me but for some reason always a day late, when it was Saturday they held the newspaper from Friday in front of me.

The small one was the boss, also the only one who hit me, the other two enjoyed cursing and spitting much more. they fed me, little but enough to stay alive. And after 6 days I had given up all hope of anyone finding me ever again.

The men hardly ever talked, the small one talked a lot but never in English so I didn’t know what he was talking about.

But on that 6th day the small men left the room for the first time, it had taken longer then they had hoped and they had run out of food. The blonde men whispered I couldn’t understand them I only heard words, blood, not supposed to, kill. The words frightened me. why hadn’t anyone come to safe me? I started thinking my parents had forgotten about me or that Kyle didn’t like me anymore. I was so scared that they would kill me I cried again.

I remember I hated crying in front of them, they kept staring at me and cursing in the unknown language, I only knew they were curses because of the faces they made. They stared at me.

“You know why you’re here! You little bitch!” One of the blondes screamed when he was tired of my cries. I was frozen with shock, they had never spoken directly to me, at least not in English.

“I don’t” I had screamed and they hit me, both of them over and over again. Then the small man came in, blood was coming from my mouth and nose, I felt blood run over my head down my neck and into the back of my shirt.

“What the hell did you do?!” The man screamed in English while pointing at me.

“We can’t do this anymore we were obviously wrong they won’t come for her it’s no use!” One of the blondes screamed. I had no idea what they were talking about, a lot of thoughts ran through my mind, besides the pain, I thought they meant my parents, but I knew they wanted me. who else could they have been talking about?

“Are you even sure we’ve got the right girl?” The other blonde asked. The small man walked towards me and sniffed for a moment. He stared into my eyes and I tried to avert them. I didn’t want anyone to look at me!

“Positive.” He said and a devilish grin appeared on my face. “Here they come.” He said, I could hear him strain his hearing to the corridor outside the door. A few moments later I also heard footsteps. And the door was kicked open, there stood my father, his face red with anger. He searched the room and when he saw me covered in blood he looked like he would explode. His red hair was standing up straight and his freackishly green eyes stared at every inch of my body. Making sure I would survive. I didn’t know why then but I took in every single fragment of his body, all his freckles his hair the dimple in his cheek. I felt relieve wash over me, I would be safe.

“What the heel did you do to my daughter?!” He screamed full of anger. Staring at the small man who was still standing in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” The small man asked.

“I’m her bloody father you bastard.” He screamed and lunged for him. I had kept my eyes focused on my dad. So until I heard the shot I didn’t know the blondes had pulled out a gun. I screamed as my father’s body fell lifelessly to the floor. The other blonde grabbed an old curved knife and bluntly cut the ropes that had been tying me down.

“He wasn’t supposed to be here.” The blonde with the gun screamed as I threw myself to the floor and hugged my fathers body. His blood got all over me but I didn’t care I wanted him to live, to take me home to read me a bedtime story. I held his head against my chest as he always did when I was sad, sick of scared, I wanted my heartbeat to bring him back to life.

“We have to stop right now, innocents weren’t supposed to get involved!” The blonde with the knife yelled.

“Yes, kill the girl, we’re leaving.” The small man said. the man with the knife ran towards me and before I could move and inch he had stabbed my back, the blade flat on my hipbone and ripped it up to expose the bone. A blood boiling scream erupted in the air and it took me a second to realize I had been the one who screamed. Everything started to grow black and I felt to the floor on top of my father’s body.

“Oh fuck no! No please no!” A terrifying scream was heard but is wasn’t mine, it was one of the blondes, and it was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

I woke up three weeks later in a hospital, not knowing how I ended up there but I was scared for month’s I kept thinking they would show up again and would finish me off, for good this time. I didn’t dare to speak to anyone and I suspected everyone of being an accomplice if they even looked at me. I lost myself. The dreams hunted me for years and it took me half a year before I could trust my mother again…” I told him, tears had stared streaming down my face halfway through the story. And only when my words were faded and their heavy tone hung in the air as the only proof, I noticed the car had stopped. I wondered for a moment if we had arrived but I saw that Justin was crying and that he was angry, furious was more like it. he had unbuckled his seat belt and looked at me. I reached out my hand to caress his cheek, I felt sorry for him, I had made him listen to that awful story. But instead he said.

“No one will ever hurt you again. That’s a knight’s promise!” he screamed the words and hugged me. we both cried and I knew he would truly be my knight and he would even protect me from Kyle, and would go against Kyle’s orders if he felt the need to.

“Thank you.” Were all the words I could say.

After a long time he put his seat belt back on and started driving again, but he didn’t sing along with the radio anymore, nor did I read or sleep. We were both consumed by our own thought’s as we drove to north Dakota, both hoping for a sanctuary there.

Author's note, i know it was kind of short, but it had to end here. please tell me what you think.