Chapter Nine: The Hidden Queen

Still Kyle’s P.O.V.

I put her bed back where it belonged while thinking of a place to hide her, it would be nearly impossible, her scent was too strong to hide, he would find her in no time. That meant we had to move around.

“We’ll have a white Christmas this year.” Jenn whispered, pulling me out of my chain of thought. Christmas, that was tomorrow, I totally forgot. I found it wonderful she could think about those type of things at a time like this. My fragile little girl, stronger than you’d think.

“Yes,” I said softly looking her in the eye. She didn’t look at me, she stared at the window though she couldn’t really look outside. We both continued what we were doing, thinking about different things. I thought about Jenn, what I should do to keep her safe and I thought about Alexander, why would he claim her to be his mate? That couldn’t be right? No one has ever heard of a double mating on the same person. I wondered if it was true or a lie. Maybe it was just a way to provoke me, to test my knowledge and power as a ruler. But what if it wasn’t?

I wouldn’t take the risk. I would never risk having Jenn taken away from me. I wondered why the news had to arrive now, why not later when she had fallen in love with me and we had mated and married. Then everything would have been simpler, then she wouldn’t have doubts, but for now, I would hide this fact from her until it was no longer possible to hide. 

“Where are you taking me?” She asked.

“I’m not sure…” I told her honestly. She nodded absentminded. The loving mood of only an hour ago had completely vanished. Now we were both serious and scared. “what I do know is that we have to mask your smell, so I’ll ask my mom to help you take a shower and from then on you have to stay with Justin and wear his clothes.” I told her.

“Why?” She asked.

“Your scent is strong, so is mine but my scent won’t hide you, he’ll know I’m with you, Justin’s scent is a safer bet and I trust him enough to help you.” I told her. She nodded.

“When will I be able to walk again?” She asked. That was another problem, how to transport her… in a car buckled up tightly and lying down…

“In about eight to ten days, or so my mom said.” I told her and she sighed.

“To bad I don’t have supernatural healing powers.” She said and smiled a bit, so did I, but the fun didn’t reach our eyes. It was a desperate attempt to lighten the mood and we both knew it.

“Yeah, to bad.” I said, the mood was so bad we both started to get depressed by it. “I’ll call my mom while my dad and I think of a place to hide you.” I said, I walked towards the door and called downstairs. My mother was up within seconds and walked towards Jenn.

“Could you carry her to the bathroom?” She asked me. I nodded and carefully picked her up, making sure not to touch the wound. I lied her in the bathtub. My mother shushed me out and I went straight downstairs to make arrangement with Justin and my father.

Jenn’s P.O.V.

Kyle carefully carried me to the bathroom and lied me down in the bathtub, he was sent out by his mom and left without argument. I wondered where I would be going… Regina stripped me down with soft hands. I was glad there was a woman in the house to help me. a woman I trusted deeply at that.

“Don’t worry sweetie, Kyle will make sure you’re safe.” She said as she slowly filled the bathtub with a small and warm amount of water. She took some shampoo a wash cloth and soap she started cleaning my boy and hair and I had to admit it felt great to be clean again.