Chapter Seventeen: The Connection Between Mates

Short authors note, READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story was supposed to finish today but due to certain circumstances I wasn’t able to though I plan to finish it within a few days. On new year’s day I am publishing the first chapter of my new book: “The Legends We Create”, it is a work of fantasy and romance which will include vampires, werewolves, elves and many other creatures, please read the preview which can be found on my profile. I really enjoyed writing this story but I’m sure I will enjoy the other more and it will be better, so I really hope you’ll like it as well! Please tell me what you think.

PainterOfTheStarsXx

Alexander P.O.V. (Last bit most of this chapter will be in Jenn’s/Kyle’s P.O.V. again)

As soon as I called my alpha and omega left with some of our best pack members to help me conquer my queen. I went off in search of her, hoping my pack would arrive soon so we could attack, but as I drew closer, the more werewolves there seemed to be, and as I entered their direct land they became violent, keeping me in the spot they wanted me in with all of them together.

I fled after a while, like a coward, but I alone couldn’t handle 20 wolves alone. I would have to wait from my pack members, without them I wasn’t able to do anything.

Nothing but train, to become stronger and kill Kyle.

Kyle’s P.O.V.

I had made up my mind during dinner. I was going to ask her to marry me, she didn’t have to say anything yet but I needed to ask, there was an urge within my heart that told me so.

“How many percent do I have?” I asked her. As her head was resting on my chest, she could probably hear my heart pounding as fast as that of a mouse.

“83.” She told me in a soft whisper.

“How many do I need to ask you to marry me?”

I didn’t expect anything, not even a direct answer, but I had to ask it, even if it was indirectly. And yet, I wished she would tell me should marry me there and then if there had been an official to seal the bond. She remained quiet and after a while, I thought she had fallen asleep and hadn’t heard me but then she spoke in a whisper:

“There isn’t a percentage for that…”

“What exactly does that mean?” I asked her, my heart pounding.

“It means that you can always ask, but I can’t guarantee you a answer you’ll like…” she said with a horse voice. I sat up, took her shoulders and sat before her on my knees while holding her shoulders gently so I could look her in the eye.

“And if I were to ask you right now, no percentages, no mythical creature, just me asking you to marry me, what would you say?” I asked while I looked her in the eyes. I can’t even describe how I felt that moment, I felt a tingling sensation making it’s way through my body, like butterflies, but not just in my stomach, they made my head light, my stomach heavy, and my whole body seemed to be able to fly if I had tried, but I didn’t want to fly away, not with this, my future, my love in front of me.

“If it was just you and me, and nothing else…?  How is it that you are always so sure of everything?” She asked me.

“Close your eyes.” I told her.

“Why?” She asked. I placed my finger over her mouth after which she stopped resisting and closed her eyes.

“Now listen.” I told her while I slowly let go of her, got up and took a step back.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“Keep your eyes closed, just listen.” I told her. I was now about 4 yards away from her and closed my eyes as well. I listened, I could hear her heartbeat, rapidly beating, it was a sound that I would be able to hear everywhere, it was my way of finding her, apart from her scent. All my senses were made to follow and track her, to protect and love her with everything I had.

“What do you hear?” I asked her.

“You,” She said, “Your heartbeat.”

“Now smell.” I told her and I heard her sniff.

“I smell you.” She sounded surprised.

“Now feel.” I told her and took a step towards her. Her eyes were still closed but her head followed my movement flawlessly. I kept walking towards her.

“I can feel you.” While she said it she opened her eyes and wasn’t even shocked to find me sitting in front of her again.

“You noticed when I left, your every sense notices me, follows me and knows me. I feel the same, if not stronger, you posses the heartbeat I always hear and have grown to love, you posses the smell I can’t live without, you are the most important presence in this world to me. Because I feel this way, I’m sure, I’m sure that I’m meant to be with you as I cannot live without you.” I told her after which I pressed a soft kiss on the tip of her nose which sent a tingly sensation through my lips. She looked into me eyes, her eyes moving slightly as she read my expression, a slight blush crept onto her face, making me want to kiss her even more than I already did.

“Yes…” She said. I thought about it for a while, wondering if she was answering my question or was just thinking aloud about something.

“Yes,” She said and a smile appeared on her face. I stared at her in confusion. She softly kissed my lips and nodded. “Yes!” She said.

She was answering me, she said yes…

She stared at me.

“Your answer is yes?” I asked her and swallowed, trying to make sure I wasn’t dreaming or just hearing things.

“Yes,” She smiled.

“Are you sure?” I asked her.

“Yes.” She smiled a huge smile I hadn’t seen in a long time. I jumped up and scooped her up in my arms. I swung her around.

“She said yes!!” I yelled. I laughed and so did she. I stopped swinging her around and held her close to me while looking into her eyes.

“You said yes.” I whispered, she nodded. I cupped her face with my hands and kissed her on her pink lips. The tingling sensation spread through my entire being, I had never felt this close to her before.

After a while Jenn broke the kiss, this time I didn’t mind, she wouldn’t go anywhere.

“Air, humans need air.” She said with a smile.

“How many am I at?” I asked jokingly.

“89 percent.” She gasped. I hugged her tight but then realized something.

“I forgot the ring, and I didn’t even get down on one knee…” I told her.

“Like I care, you asked my while we were lying under the stars, told me how much I mean to you, I love you Kyle, a ring has no meaning.” She said and I felt myself blush, I hugged her tight, she was all I ever wanted, all I could ever need, she was my everything, and I wanted to share the good news.

I started grabbing our belongings and took her hand, together we walked towards the house of my grandparents.

“Why the hurry?” She laughed.

“I want to boast to everyone in a 50 mile radius about my wife to be.” I told her. “Starting with Justin and my grandparents.”

She laughed and walked a bit faster, but I made sure to walk slowly enough to not hurt her leg. When we arrived at the house they were already waiting on the porch, even my grandfather stood there with a smile.

“She said yes!” I said with a huge smile. I looked down at Jenn who was blushing slightly but wore a loving excited smile. Everyone greeted us with warm smiled, congratulations and hugs.

But our fun mood soon ended, when furious howls cut through the cold night air, surrounding us.

http://www.wattpad.com/2882780-the-legends-we-create