Chapter fifteen: Mine

Alexanders P.O.V.

The 17th of December:

I arrived in America yesterday and honestly, it wasn’t all that, the accent was horrible to listen to, why couldn’t they learn how to speak English in a civilized way like us English could? I was repulsed by everyone around me, the stereotypes I had heard of and stereotypes I would add to the list along the way. But it was my job, my duty to fit in so I would have to suck this up for what hopefully would only be a week.

I stepped out of the B&B in the middle of nowhere and stepped out into the woods that surrounded, well everything here, this was the only advantage of being here, the space. I walked around using my sense of smell to find the road. A whiff of something delicious crept into my nostrils, flowers? No more specifically, rose, mowed grass and forest, but a bit off from my surroundings. The scent was strange, especially since it was almost Winter, roses didn’t bloom during this time of year, at least not naturally and who would mow the grass in this weather? I looked around trying to find the source of the scent when I realized it was moving. I ran forward to track it down, I didn’t go as fast as I could since I didn’t want to outrun the source. The scent grew weaker and I was afraid I would lose it until I stumbled upon a building. The school I would be attending these few weeks. It was said that most students and teachers here were werewolves. I entered the ugly gray building and suddenly the scent hit me in the face. It was so strong I thought I would faint, from happiness that is. The scent unleashed an unknown desire within me, something so strong I could have never anticipated it but I knew what it was. The scent led to my mate. I started frantically looking for the scent but I was caught by an old werewolf lady that asked me if I was the new kid. She saw the disoriented look in my eyes and immediately realized what was going on.

“Oh dear, I’ll give you your schedule, good luck finding her.” She said while pushing a stash of papers in my arms. I nodded and ran off.

The bell rang and I knew I couldn’t look for her anymore, for now. It would attract to much attention but I wished I shared my class with her, she would realise who I was right away and I would take her home to meet my family, she would never leave my side again. I quickly went to my assigned class which was homeroom. When I got there the teacher told everyone there we could leave. I was surprised but also delighted. That meant I could look for her, I had already established that she wasn’t in my class.

I walked around a bit and some guys followed me.

“Do you want something from me?” I asked as I kept walking.

“You’re new, you should know how things work around here.” One guy told me. not even a second after the scent came towards me at full speed, and collided with me. I looked down and saw a small red haired girl on the ground. She looked sad and scared. Her hand went to her head and her expression changed to one of pain. I felt really protective.

It was then that it hit me, a thought not the girl, that this beautiful little creature was my mate.

“Are you alright I asked?” with my lust and love seeping through my voice. I held my hand out but she ignored me, I stared at her face, beautiful full pink lips, blue eyes shiny from tears small freckles all across her face, I felt my love for her grow with every millimeter I explored, she slapped my hand away and got up. It shocked me, this wasn’t how it was supposed to go! She was supposed to look me in the eyes, her knees would go weak and I’d steady her changing that into a hug and then she’d look me in the eyes and tell me she loved me just before I kissed her softly on the lips. But she didn’t she got up and walked away as fast as she could I wanted to go after her.

“Wait!” I called after her but someone held me back.

“Don’t bother, that’s Jennifer, she is scared easily so we leave her alone, orders of the boss.” The guy said. boss? Scared? Why? What had happened to my mate? I ripped myself from his hold but in his place came 3 others.