Chapter Sixteen: Hunting The Queen

A picture of alexander is included -------------> LOOK!!!

Alexander’s P.O.V.

I held my breath as I heard her stir above me. I remembered the blood on her blanket and I hoped she wouldn’t notice.

Or… why was I hiding? Was I scared? Why? She was my mate, right? Why would I have to hide from my mate… they were questions I couldn’t answer at this point.

She was still stirring but I couldn’t hear anything else, I realized that she was dreaming, or having a nightmare. Was she scared of me?

“No!!” She screamed and she woke up. My heart stopped and my breath was stuck in my throat. Had she noticed me? Did she hate me?

I heard her groan and grit her teeth, she was holding back screams, her leg probably hurt. Suddenly all sound stopped and she pulled the blanket away with a hard tug. She had noticed the blood.

I curled myself up into a ball and tried to locate the note without moving anything else then my eyes. On a chair next to me, there it was. Maybe she wouldn’t notice and I could take it back. But as soon as I thought it her upper body moved towards the chair. She leaned on the wooden seat to make sure she wouldn’t fall and left her legs on the bed. With her other hand she took the note. She hung like that for a while, probably wondering how to get her upper body back on the bed. She bended her arm a bit more so that she was closer to the chair and pushed herself of off it with all the strength she had left and landed swiftly on the bed. I almost sighed in relieve.

I heard her unfold the note, it made a crumpling sound. I could hear her breathing out her confusion. She had no idea what the note meant. After a while, she scoffed and slapped the note on her bedside table. I waited for a while and her breathing grew steady, she was asleep once again.

I climber out from under the bed, hoping she wouldn’t wake up since it would be a huge shock to find a naked guy in your room. I took the blanket from the bed and she shivered a little. I pulled it around me and stepped out into the hallway. I went off in search for a supply closet, from there I grabbed a blanket and some male scrubs which I pulled on so that I wouldn’t look suspicious. Luckily, no one was in sight. I went back to her room and covered her gently with the blanket. As I tucked her in as gently as I could a small smile appeared on her face, as if she was dreaming something wonderfull. Her smiled took my breath away and I wanted to look at it forever. I brushed a strand of hair out of her beautiful face, a soft red lock of hair. I closed my eyes and breathed in her scent. I had never felt this way, the feelings were overpowering, it was lust, love, friendship, worry, anger, jealousy, anxiety, happiness, sadness and fulfillment all in one. She made me feel everything with just her scent, a lock of hair or a small smile. I wanted to feel everything, the love and the pain, as long as she stayed by my side, I wouldn’t care what I felt since she would be there with me and that made up for everything.

A sudden image of her standing in the kitchen, making French toast and orange juice, crept into my mind. She was wearing a green shirt, blue jeans and a white apron. Her hair was pulled into a lose bun, many strand of hair escaped it and hung in front of her eyes, she tried to blow them out of her face. I walked towards her and hugged her from behind. She turned around in my embrace and pecked me on the lips.

“Breakfast is almost done sweety,” She said softly. A soft cry from behind me startled me I turned around and saw a beautiful baby boy with red hair like his mother. He held out his arms and she walked towards him.

“Honey could you watch the food for a moment.” She asked me and I nodded but didn’t look at the food, how could I when this perfect vision of the love of my life holding my child? She cradled the boy in her arms and started humming a song. Suddenly she looked up startled.