Chapter six: Mate's, mothers, kings and queens

“I am your mate.” I stated. He nodded.

“I am your mate?” I asked. He nodded.

“I am your mate!” I said. He nodded.

“I am your mate?!” I said and he nodded once again.

“Funny how you can say the exact same thing in different ways isn’t it?” I laughed and his eyes widened.

“You’re not mad?” He asked doubtfully.

“I already saw that coming.” I said.

“So..? what do you think?” He asked.

“I don’t feel the same way. To me you’re a friend, but if, or as you believe, when I start fancying you I’ll let you know. Until then I shall torture you with friendship.” I said and I saw his face go from confused to sad to depressed to hopeful to happy and back to sad. Quite enjoyable it’s like a whole movie within a sentence.

“You weren’t expecting me to just give in now did you? You know me better than that.” I told him a bit more serious.

“Yes, I knew, but I still hoped.” He said.

“Maybe it’s better if you don’t see me for a while? Bring me back to my moms?” I asked, not wanting to hurt him too much.

“No, and that brings me back to your other question, why I am looking at you constantly, I will never let you out of my sight again, I will not allow you to get hurt ever again.” He said with a serious tone.

“Won’t that be hard? I’m not going to let you go to the restroom with me, and I am most certainly not taking you in to take a shower with me and you have to sleep and take showers and such.” I said.

“I know, I took care of that. I will never be gone more than 10 minutes and within that time you will be watched by my parents or beta.” He said.

“Nuh-uh! No strangers, can’t you just lock me up like a normal over possessive boyfriend?” I asked.

“I’m not over possessive!” he said.

“Fine then I’ll be going home to have dinner with my boyfriend.” I said.

“Please tell me your joking.” He grunted and I could see the pain in his eyes.

“Yes but I have made my point. You are over possessive.” I said while pointing at him, geesh he was warm.

“No I’m not.” He said while crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid.

“Okay I’ll compromise, overprotective.” I said with a smile.

“Fine.” He said. I stuck out my tongue before disappearing under the covers completely.

I needed to think.

Pretending this was all easy wasn’t difficult, but to actually accept and understand it was an entirely different matter. Okay everything in order that happened the last… 7 days! Damn many things had happened in a short time.

Attacked by a friendly werewolf

Wound. Huge.

Home Kyle.

Kyle. Werewolf.

Kyle. King.

Kyle. Mate.

Hmm… almost everything was about Kyle, Kyle Kyle, what should I do about him, did I feel anything like love towards him? I didn’t know.

What do I know about love? Not much.

Heart skipping a beat… no not that I had noticed

Electricity… did the tingly feeling count?