Chapter Fourteen: Conquering the Queen

“Jenn?” I heard Kyle ask.

“Yes?” I said as I popped my head out of the stall to look at him. he had a huge pile of clothes in his hand. “Holy crap!” I said as I looked at the enormous pile.

“What?” He asked.

“I thought you said some essential clothes not the entire store!” I gasped.

“To much?” He asked.

“Only ¾ of the pile…” I told him.

“Oh… at least look at it then you know what your options are.” He said. “Are you descent?” He asked.

“What is this? The fifties? Come on in.” I told him. he stepped into the stall with all the clothes which made it look even smaller. I started browsing through the clothes. He might have deliberately chosen only full covering clothes but he chose nice stuff. I picked out two boyfriend denim jeans, a hoodie, 2 sweaters and a few t-shirts. I tried them all on and a few things were taken away because Kyle thought they showed to much. He came back with replacement that were obviously from the male collection but I didn’t want to fight him as long as it fit I would be fine.

In the end I bought a lumberjack plaid blue shirt(male collection) a black tank top a white one, two pairs of boyfriend jeans, a green hoodie and I of course smuggled the skirt with it. Once out of the store Kyle checked to see if everything was in the bag.

“Oh no you didn’t!” He said with surprise I smirked at him and grabbed the receipt I tucked it somewhere he would never reach, in my top between my breasts.

“Try to return it without a receipt.” I told him. “That skirt isn’t going anywhere.”

“I have to see you wear it first before you wear it in public.” He said in a serious tone.

“I’ll never wear it in public, it’s just for me for when I’m alone and want to wear a skirt.” I told him and it was true, the skirt made me feel good about myself, others didn’t have to see it to give me that feeling.

“I still want to see it.” He said. “And you’re never alone.”

“You can’t and you know if, I say IF, we were ever to marry you couldn’t be with me.” I told him. his expression turned cold.

“Why not?” He asked.

“It’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding.” I told him.

“I don’t care.” He said.

“I do.” I stared at him and he backed down. We walked on and we passed a bridal shop, I looked at the dresses on display.

“Do you want to go in?” Kyle asked happily.

“No, I was just looking.” I sighed.

“Ever you ever thought about what your wedding would be like?” Kyle asked me.

“Every girl has, I was already planning with twelve years ago.” I told him.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yes really, have you ever thought about it?” I asked.

“A bit.” He said quietly.

“What was it like in your mind?” I asked him actually dying to know.

“Small church or outside, depending on the weather and season, you in a flowy white dress, led to the altar by my dad, Justin as my best man. A few friends and your mom of course, both or mothers crying together and my dad laughing at them… something like that.” He said.