Chapter Nineteen: When The Queen Fights Back...

Jenn’s P.O.V.

After Justin had told me his plan, I had to admit, it was crazy, idiotic, ridiculous, insane and… well brilliant…

We walked back, slowly, Justin was supporting me since I had used my leg to much. The plan kept floating through my mind, I was scared, worried and strangely excited.

“You do know this might cost you your position as beta, right?” I asked him.

“Yes, but it’ll feel good and since you will become queen either way, I trust you to help me regain my position.” He laughed.

“Alright, if they will still want me as a queen after this…. I somehow doubt it.” I told him.

“In that case we’ll move to Australia maybe you will find yet another mate and then we can become a part of their pack.” He laughed and I laughed as well.

“I do wonder how it is two guys think of me as their mate, how is that possible?” I asked him.

“I don’t know, maybe because you are human, or because you smell so good.” He said.

“I smell good?” I asked.

“Yes you do, mesmerizing, but it isn’t as strong for me as it is for Kyle and Alexander, they will be able to smell you no matter how far you are apart. I can only smell you when you’re in a… 100 mile radius I guess but I’d have to try really hard.” He said and I smiled.

“That’s flattering.” I said. “I hope you will find a mate soon.” I told him and smiled up at him.

“Thank you, I hope you and my mate can become friends, you’re the crazy sister I never had.” He smiled and hugged me with one arm.

“And you’re the idiotic brother I never had.” I told him.

As I said it I thought back about the past month, yes it had only been a month, so much had happened, within this time I had gain a father, a replacement for the one I lost so long ago, grandparents, an extra mother, a brother and a man I loved and loved me back. I had gained an entire family, and I knew this was only the beginning, my family would grow rapidly once I had made my descision and for the first time in a long time, I wasn’t scared of the future anymore, neither was I scared of the past.

Kyle had helped me grow out of my shell, I had become less shy, had made friends and had a lot of fun and even though I would never be a party girl I would be able to talk to people and interact with others. Something I had been unable to do for twelve years.

One month, and one heck of a month it had been.

I felt a smile creep on my face, and it grew wider as I thought about what Justin and I were going to do.

We arrived at the clearing near the house where I had left everybody. Kyle and Alexander were still standing in the same position but the red marks on their faces and arms told me they hadn’t been standing like that the entire time. I stood in front of them with my hands on my hips and Justin next to me.

“Both of you, you should be ashamed of yourselves, I told you to do one simple thing and you didn’t listen. You both have behaved like small children and let me tell you, I need a man. Children I can get on my own, I only need a man to have them with.” I told him with an arrogant cheerleader look. they both opened their mouths but I held up my hand.

“I’m talking so both of you shut up and listen!” I yelled. I walked towards them, swaying my hips a bit more than I usually would have done – I am so mean-  i could hear and see both othem stare and swallow, I bit my lips slightly to hold in my laughter. I stood in front of Alexander.

“You,” I started. “You ripped open my leg, hunted me and never even introduced yourself until I asked, that is no way to treat a lady, and you could have given me the heads up when you were in the hospital, oh yes I know it was you who placed the note. If you left that note you could’ve also told me who you were.” I told him and then moved to Kyle.

“And you, after all of this I finally though I could trust you, and then I found out you’ve been keeping something from me, even though I told you almost everything about me, I never kept secrets from you. You knew there were things I wasn’t yet ready to tell, and I would have been okay if it were something like that, but you misused my trust to get what you wanted, me. and I don’t like it.” I told him. I took a few steps back and was met by justins arms.

“Taking all of this into consideration, I talked with Justin about what we should do, there were a few options.” I told them and they looked at me confused and slightly worried. I stepped away from Justin and started walking in front of them with my hands in front of me, counting the options.

“First, we would elope, and with ‘we’ I mean Justin and I.” Kyle and Alexander made disapproving sounds and were both looking very worried and scared. Which I found quite funny.

“Second, I would head of with Justin to Australia in hope to meet another mate deserving of me, as we reasoned, if I have two mates there might be yet another.” Their faces dropped even more.

“And finally the third option, the one we chose for.” I spoke with a wicked smile and snapped my fingers. Justin jumped forward surprising everyone around us and what Justin then did made me laugh quite hard.

He kicked them both in the groin. They both fell to the ground as they tried to protect what was left of their manhood.

“I chose you hurt you in the worst possible way, for punishment and proof, if you can still love me after this, it must be real. Oh and I would like to thank Justin, I realized that since I am a weak human I’d better consort my knight without shining armor for the job.” I told them. I stepped towards the fallen king and prince.

“How do you like the queen now?” I asked them. “I am prepared to go all the way for what is right, I won’t back down, if you want me gone, we’ll pursue our second plan, I won’t care. Just don’t lie, don’t be sneaky, be a MAN!” I yelled at them. after I had said it I walked away from them with Justin next to me.

“They needed some time to think and so did I.”

“Where do we go?” Justin asked as I climbed into the car. Justin had already run upstairs to grab a few of my belongings, and since he was immortalish he was fast.

“Let’s go to Utah.” I said.

“Why Utah? He asked but started driving nonetheless.

“I don’t know, I like Indians, and it’s not near the ocean, I don’t like the salty smell.” I told him.

“Alright Utah it is.” He said as he drove us to the airport and paid for two tickets to Salt Lake City. Luckily being beta had been well paid so it was no problem for Justin to get us the things we needed.

Within two hours we were in the air. I was glad I didn’t get a window seat, I didn’t want to look to where we had come from. We could actually be fugitives now. But I had no regrets. If either truly loved me they would find me. they would travel the 900 miles to find me.

If not, I was going to travel the 8000 miles to Australia.

“Justin…” I started and he turned to face me.

“Thank you… you betrayed your best friend, and left with me…” I told him not sure what to say.

“Hey, don’t worry about me, if I hadn’t wanted to do it I wouldn’t have done it. You can take me word for it.” He smiled gently and took my hand in his. I smiled back and rested my head on his shoulder. We both fell asleep soon after. I was happy Justin was with me.