Chapter eight: The King And His Beloved

Kyle’s P.O.V.

Her words hit me like stones thrown at me with full force. I was hurting her, my mate. Was I wrong to keep her hidden? Yes. I was. But I feared nothing more than losing her. I loved her but still had so much to learn. And I still had to win her love. Justin was with her and I felt as if she was safe, he was my best friend, he would protect her.

So I slept.

3 hours later.

“Justin watch out!” I heard my mother yell. Jenn. The only thought running through my mind was her. I ran to where my mother’s voice had come from and saw Justin lifting part of the to-be-built greenhouse. Something my mother always wanted.

“JUSTIN what the f*ck are you doing here?” I yelled with my alpha voice, I couldn’t believe he had disobeyed me. I didn’t wait for an answer but ran up stairs to my room. The smell was still there but was she? I opened the door with enormous force and it unhitched I held the door in my hand as Jenn and my father stared at me with shock in their eyes.

“Oh… my mistake.” I said still mad. My father held Jenn’s hands in his and she seemed comfortable. I never understood why those two had such a strong connection, it was unreal to me, my father cared for me en enjoyed spending time with me, but for some reason he had a special connection with Jenn. I envied him that she would let him touch her so casually. My wolf growled. Why did my father have such a strong bond with her?

“Jenn are you alright?” I asked her and she nodded.

“I was just having a talk with dad.” She said and gave my father a meaningful smile.

“Dad?” I questioned, confusing welling up inside of me.

“I asked her to call me that, after all she is a part of the family.” My dad explained. I looked at Jenn hopefully.

“I’ll leave you two to talk.” My dad said, then he kissed her forehead and walked out, putting the door back where it belonged on his way out.

“Does that mean?” I asked full of hope.

“I’m trying, it’s starting to come along but I don’t know you, I should get to know you first.” She said.

“I was thinking the same thing… what do you want to know?” I asked.

“I made a list!” I was waiting for her to take out a note but she didn’t, she seemed to read it in her mind.

“Favorite color?”

“Blue,”

“Favorite flower?”

“Red lily’s”

“Favorite food?”

“Anything.”

“I asked what your favorite was, there must be something you like most.” She said with a melodious laugh.

“Hmm rice and quesadillas.” I told her after thinking for some time.

“Nice.” She said. “Favorite song, band, school subject and book?”

“Rule the world, Within temptation, P.E. and the collector by John Fowles.” I told her.

“Okay now you can ask me questions.” She said.

“Okay all the questions you asked please.” I laughed and so did she.

“Red, iris, lasagna, the man who can’t be moved, the script, literature and pride and prejudice.”  She said.

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” I asked her trying to sound casual.

“No you? A girlfriend I mean.” She asked.