Chapter Eighteen: When Two Werewolves Fight over a Mate...

Jenn’s P.O.V.

Loud howls cut through the night, I wondered, where they from Kyle’s pack or from another? Or were they just wolves…. Nah that would be boring. I realized just then how accustomed I had grown to werewolves, normal wolves weren’t the first thing to pop into my head anymore. That meant that either, I had gone crazy or I had completely fallen in love with a werewolf that made me forget about logic. The true answer – the later- sounded crazy, so it was probably a mixture of both, in the end. But I couldn’t claim I minded.

I looked up at Kyle’s face, I read nothing from it, his face was emotionless for a while as he thought and listened with every cell of his body. Then his expression changed to one of fury, anger and worry. He looked down at me, apologetically, though I didn’t understand why until he turned to Justin.

“We can’t hide it from her any longer, can we?” he said in a soft tone.

“Hide what?” I asked, I heard a tint of anger in my voice, had he been hiding something from me?

“Me,” a deep male voice from behind said. I turned around so fast I feared a whiplash. There stood a man, a young man, a bit shorter then Kyle, though probably only half an inch, his skintone was light like he hardly saw sunlight. His jaw was firm but not outstanding, his nose was straight but with a small scar running over the bridge telling me he had either broken his nose or had a nose job, I assumed the first but in this day and age no one could ever be sure. His lips were of a deep pink color making them appear a bit red but not actually red. His hair was straight, unlike Kyle’s curly hair, but they shared the same hair color. Then I arrived at the part I left for last, the eyes, the hazel eyes I had already expected.

“Who are you?” I asked him, I obviously already knew that he was the wolf that attacked me, there was no doubt about it, yet I had still to learn his name and the reason he was hunting me, I also wanted to know why he hadn’t tried to kill me.

“I’m Alexander Clairmont, I am your true mate.” He told me. While he said it I felt a slight pull, not from touch but off feelings, my heart felt confused, one part longed for the protection of the man I had come to love while the other part was attracted to the man in front of me.

“But isn’t Kyle…?” I asked confused, I turned my head to look at Kyle, he looked guilty, had he lied about THAT?! Had he told me I was his mate while I wasn’t? He looked at me and saw my confusion.

“Jenn! I swear I didn’t lie, this man is lying, you’re my mate!” He told me while he walked towards me and put his hand on my shoulder, earning a deep growl from Alexander. He looked into my eyes. “I promise no I swear, I didn’t lie to you.” He said I looked into his eyes and saw he was honest, which confused me even more.

“Let go of her.” Alexander barked with a powerful voice I had heard Kyle use once, the alpha voice or so it was called.

“I won’t.”Kyle called in the same kind of voice. apart from what was being said I actually found it funny, when looking at the situation from the spectators perspective it would probably have looked like two grown up man fighting over a toy.

But since I was the toy in this matter, it suddenly became a lot less funny, especially if the man had the ability to turn in to massive, powerful wolves and kill each other at any second. And I wasn’t planning to let that happen.

“Let go, right now!” Alexander called.

“No way.” Kyle said.

“Alright that’s the final straw.” I called making them both look at me in surprise.

“Kyle, let go, right now.” I said, trying to imitate their voices, making Justin laugh, Kyle growled urging him to silence.

“Jenn, I swear I didn’t lie to you…” He sounded desperate.

“I believe you but I’m sick of being treated as a toy. And since you both claim me to be your mate and are both alpha like wolves, I believe I have some power over both of you.” I told him with an as-the-matter-of-fact tone. Kyle looked at me confused, and then somewhat proud.

“You,” I pointed to Alexander. “Stand over there.” I pointed to a spot about a yard in front of me. then I pointed to Kyle and directed him right next to Alexander.

“Both of you stand there for a while and try not to pretend like toddlers!” I told them making Justin break up in laughter.

“Justin, here, now!” I said and he listened right away. I turned to face him and only then realized that I was surrounded by a group of about 12 wolves, in their wolf shape some looking madly at Alexander, others at Kyle. I looked towards them, they were glaring childishly at each other.

“Hey! Eyes forward.” I barked in a quite impressive alpha voice imitation if I say so myself. when I looked back towards Justin. I walked towards him grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the group.

“Jenn! Where are you going?” Kyle yelled.

“Stay!” I said. Justin laughed at my dog joke, the other wolves did not appreciate it and growled softly. I turned around and faced him with all the courage I could find.

“Ow put a sock in it, stop whining! You are in fact wolves, ancesters of DOGS!” I told them and this time not only Justin was laughing, kyle’s grandparents were also laughing. For a moment I though I even saw Kyle smile. I turned around again and dragged Justin behind me. when we were about half a mile into the woods i stopped walking.

“What are we doing? Are we eloping?” He said while wiggling his eyebrows. I hit him in the chest, only hurting my own hand in the process.

“I have no clue what to do…” I whispered and Justin fell on the floor laughing.

“Oh my gosh! You stood up against two of the most powerful royal werewolves and parts of their packs by yourself and you don’t know what to do!” I rolled around on the floor. I kicked him in his stomach softly.

“Idiot! They’ll hear!” I hissed. Justin continued laughing for a while longer. When he was finally done he stood up with laughing tears in his eyes.

“You are the most awesome human I have ever met!” He said.

“Thank you, but now back on topic, what should I do?” I asked.

“What do you do? I don’t know, I don’t even see what you had planned to accomplish with letting them stand next to each other.”

“First, I want to know what he was hiding from me.” I told Justin.

“That Alexander claimed you as a mate, he didn’t want you to think about another man while he was in the process of making you fall in love with him.” He explained with slight amusement.

“That’s all he was hiding?” I asked.

“Well that and the necklace I guess?” He said. I though back and recalled Justin speaking about a necklace.

“Are you sure that’s all?” I asked.

“Quite sure.” He said reassuringly.

“What would happen if I reject one of them?” I asked.

“Long or short version?” He asked.

“Short.”

“Dead.” He said.

“A bit longer perhaps?” I asked worriedly.

“He’ll die in the end.” He smiled and I hit him again.

“Idiot, I’m being serious.” I told him but couldn’t help but smile a bit myself.

‘Alright, I think the guy you reject won’t give up, unless you know how happy you are with the person you choose. Because apart from protecting and loving the most important part of being a mate is making your mate happy, since you have two, you can’t please them both, unless you want to marry both of them.” He said.

“No thank you… how do I choose then?” once I had finished speaking a grin appeared on Justin’s face, making me prepare for the worst yet most effective plan in history.