My life is over

"Trish? You're gonna have to come out sooner or later" I heard a voice at my door.

"How about, no" I replied.

I sat at my bay window mulling over what I had just done. I, Trishelle Mcguiness, had just told my mother off and was still alive. I had known this day would come but I hadn't expected it to be so soon. If I knew my mother well at all, I knew she probably hadn't batted a single eyelash or even had a change in demeanour.

"Hey" Seth opened my door and smiled at me.

"What language do you speak?"

"Pardon?" He asked genuinely confused.

"I said you couldn't come in"

"Actually, you said that you weren't going to come out, therefore I came in" Seth shrugged and sat on my bed.

"You don't have to do this, you know" I sighed.

"Do what?"

"Sit here and try to comfort me."

"If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I don't do things I don't want to"

"And that tells me what?" I asked perplexed.

"It tells you that I came here cuz I felt like it...and that I'm a total bad boy, minus the irreverence and total dislike of all things living " Seth stroked my pillow transfixed.

I stared at him and couldn't help a smile.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked not even looking at me.

"How did you know?"

"When your as a attractive as I am, you learn to use your peripheral vision to a heightened extent" he grinned slowly and looked at me, "what you did down there was...."

"Stupid? Foolish? Completely the wrong thing to do?"

"...amazing" he shook his head and I cocked mine to the side.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I've known you only for a short period of time but in that amount of time I've realized that you are probably THE safest person I have ever met" he stood up and began rifling through my bookshelf, "that, downstairs, was NOT safe"

"Great, the Neanderthal approves" I mumbled to myself. Seth burst out into laughter and I stared at him confused.

"Your vocabulary amazes me" he stopped at a book and rolled his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Really? How many Jane Austen books do you need? Aren't they all the same thing?" He asked flipping through the pages.

"Aren't all of Harold Robinsons' books the same?"

"Touché" he nodded.

"What do I do now?" I stared at Seth as he rifled through more of my books. Maybe I should just accept defeat and apologize?

"Well I'll tell you what your not going to do" Seth made his way to the bay window and sat right in front of me, which made me wonder what his idea of personal space was because it definitely wasn't the same as mine. He was legitimately IN my face.

"Are you now?" I rolled my eyes trying to downplay his close proximity.

"Your NOT going to go beg for forgiveness. It's what she expects"

"And you would know this how?"

"I, too, once had a controlling father" I wanted to know what he meant by 'once' but he was already deflecting, "unless if you wanna just go beg for your life and continue going through this cycle of horrid ness"