Interview with a convict

"Wait, so you've been to jail?" I asked as Talia, Elliot, and I swarmed around Seth.

"No, I've never really been to jail. I almost-"

"Oh my God, I'm sitting beside a convict! I twisted the nipple of a convict" I whispered hyperventilating, "What has this come to!"

"I'm not a convict. It's all pretty stupid, if you ask me"

"We are. Asking you, I mean." Talia smiled brightly as if he hadn't just told us he was a juvenile delinquent.

"It was freshman year. Me and my buddies thought we were the coolest things to have ever walked this earth...one night we were skateboarding and decided that life was just too boring." Seth sighed as I stared at him.

"I, stupidly, proposed that we hotwire a car and just take it for a joy ride"

"You stole a car?!" I shrieked. Seth looked like the kind of guy to do a lot of things but stealing a car wasn't one of them. I couldn't lie, it was kind of hot but incredibly wrong....right?

"Yeah, a rolls Royce. We drove it halfway across town and then we.....spray painted it"

"You defaced a Rolls Royce?!?" Elliot shrieked.

"Yeah, stupid, I know but that's not even the worst part" Seth put his head in his hands, "the car belonged to the state attorney"

"Are you serious?" I yelled in disbelief.

"Yeah. I got in the most trouble for being the one who ACTUALLY hotwired the car and stupidly wrote my name on it. I spent four months in juvi..." he looked thoughtful for a second and then grinned, "your all in the presence of a bad boy"

"Tots!" Talia laughed highfiving him.

"And here I thought his head had reached maximum weight but nope, he's even cockier" I muttered.

"I'm not cocky, just confident. It was a stupid mistake and I was young. I ended up being pardoned of the charges after I started making honour roll in the tenth grade"

I stared at him for a couple minutes before breaking into a knowing smirk.

"That wasn't your last run in with the law, was it?" I asked slightly condescending.

"I don't know, was it?" he asked keeping his eyes on me as he took a bite of wackaroni.

His green eyes sparkled and I found myself completely entranced by them.

"Does that scare you?" Seth mocked.

"Nothing about you is even slightly scary" I smirked. I watched as Seth unfolded from his chair and stared down at me.

"Nothing?" He asked menacingly. I rose on my tiptoes till I was nose to lips with him.

"Nothing. I've seen worse" I whispered looking up into his eyes, his eyes seemed to slightly soften and he smiled.

"Bet you haven't"

"I hope you two know we are still in the room" Elliot muttered giving Seth a look. Seth shrugged and sat down.

"Well I need my beauty sleep" Talia announced pushing her chair out.

"Yeah, I'm tired" with that we both sauntered up the stairs grinning slyly.

"Dude, you do know they just left us with the dishes, right?" Elliot grunted muttering a curse.

"Your sisters are smart" I heard a laugh in Seth's voice and grinned despite myself.

"He's totally into you" Talia whispered turning to me at once.

"What are you talking about?' I asked surprised.