3~Mikey & Shallan

As the evening drew to a close and it neared time for bed I prepared my bed. I threw a blanket over the couch and found a pillow and then I went into the bathroom to change into my pajamas. When I came out Shallan went in to change. When everyone was ready the lights went out. I roll around a few times trying to get comfortable. The only thing that happens is the blanket gets wrapped around my ankles. I sigh and stare at the ceiling. It's going to be a long night. Eventually I give up on sleep and grab my laptop. I spend the next three hours watching music videos and stuff before I get bored. My eyes land on Shallan's book. I pick it up and flip it open to the first page. Two hours later I fell asleep with the book on the floor beside me.

Shallan's POV

The next morning when I wake up I am met with smell of coffee. I get out of bed and walk towards the kitchen. In the kitchen Gerard and Ray are drinking coffee and discussing something.

"Morning." Ray says with a smile. I nod, but stay silent. I pour myself a cup of coffee. I lean against the counter and sip my coffee.

"Shallan cover your eyes here comes Frank." Ray warns me. Instead of doing as I'm told I turn to look at Frank. Frank is standing there in nothing but his underwear. I shriek and cover my eyes.

"There is lady present Frank for God's sake put some pants on at least." Ray says. I hear footsteps, but I don't move my hand.

"He's gone." I peak between my fingers. He is indeed gone. I take another sip of coffee.

"Someone should wake up Mikey." Gerard says.

"I'll go." I whisper and set my mug down. I walk back to where Mikey is sleeping. Obviously he moves around a lot in his sleep, because now he's laying on his face on the floor. I poke his cheek. He mumbles something incoherent and turns his head. I poke his other cheek. Nothing. So I decide to try a trick that always works on me.

"Coffee." I whisper. His eyes snap open. He tries to stand and falls over due to the blanket being wrapped around his ankles. He untwists the blanket and stands up. He rubs his eyes and stumbles around looking for something. I spot his glasses on the floor and pick them up before he steps on them. I make him stand still and then I very carefully push his glasses up his nose. He blinks a couple times and then smiles at me.

"Thanks." I nod. He wraps me in a hug. I, somewhat hesitantly, hug him back. He lets go and yawns. He grabs my hand and gently drags me to the kitchen. He runs his fingers through his hair and makes stand up at weird angles. We stand in the kitchen and drink our coffee quietly. When I finish I decide to go get dressed. I find my suitcase and dig through it looking for a pair of clean pants. When I find clothes I walk into the bathroom and close the door. My hair looks like I've been electrocuted. I get dressed and fix my hair before walking out. Mikey is in the process of getting dressed seeing as he has no shirt on. I turn and walk back into the bathroom. I wait five minutes and then walk out again. Mikey is dressed and reading my book. I throw my dirty clothes back into my suitcase and sit next to Mikey on the couch. Boredom sets in quickly. I would read but Mikey has my book. I poke Mikey.

"Yeah?"

"May I have my book please?" I ask.

"Oh sure. Sorry." he hands it to me.

"Thank you." He nods and stands up. I find my page and get absorbed with my reading.

Mikey's POV

I hand her the book and stand up. I decide to find Ray. Ray is in his bunk playing a video game.

"When's our next performance?" I ask.

"Tonight I think. Why?"

"Just curious." Ray nods and goes back to his game. I walk up to the front lounge. Brian is there talking with Gee.

"Oh fuck off!" Gee snaps at Brian before storming off the bus. Brian sighs.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey Mikey. I heard you adopted a kid and I wondered if I could meet her."

"Sure I guess." He follows me to the back lounge. Shallan is still reading.

"Shallan." no response.

"Shallan." still no response. I grab her book. She scowls at me.

"Shallan meet Brian. Brian meet Shallan." Brian puts his hand out for her to shake. She shakes his hand and stays quiet.

"Doesn't say much does she?" Brian asks.

"She's a bit shy." I look back at Shallan. She's shaking. I'm not sure why.

"May I have my book please?" she whispers. I hand it back to her. Brian goes to talk to Frank and I sit down on the couch. Shallan is still shaking, but I can't see her face because of her book.

"Shallan? Are you alright?"

"Mmhm." She sniffs and then I realize she's crying.

"Bullshit." I mutter.

"What?" Shallan asks.

"I said bullshit. You obviously aren't alright. What's wrong?" She doesn't answer. I take the book from her. The pages it's opened to are covered in tears as is her face.

"Shallan I just want to help, but I can't do that unless you tell me what's wrong." She wipes her eyes and looks at me.

"You can't help me. I'm broken beyond repair." More tears slide down her face. She covers her face with her hands. I gently pull her towards me and give her a hug.

"I'm sorry." she cries over and over.

"Sorry for what? What are you sorry for?" I ask.

"Everything." After that we just sit in silence. Me thinking and her crying.

++++

Here is chapter three! Yay! How are you guys today? I'm good I suppose. My summer's been fine. Hot and humid, but fun. How about yours? Comment and vote. Thanks!

Savannah:-)