30~Shallan

The moment you've all been waiting for!!!! Also thanks for 4K reads that's awesome!

Savannah:-)

++++++

I can't see or feel anything, but I can hear voices. Two of them, whispering.

"What if she doesn't wake up?" asks a male voice. I recognize that voice.

"Don't think like that. We've still got three days." that voice is definitely female.

"I just don't want to leave her. What if she doesn't wake up before we leave and then when she does wake up I'm not here? She'll think we just abandoned her." I try to open my eyes, but I can't. I try to move my arm, but get the same results. It's like I've got no control over my own body.

"I swear I just saw her arm move." the man says.

"Mikey." says the woman.

"No I'm serious. Watch." Knowing they're watching I try again. Someone gasps.

"She's waking up." the woman whispers, barely audible.

"I'm going to find a nurse." I hear footsteps and then a door opens and closes. I move my arm again and this time I can feel it. I try again to open my eyes, but my eyelids are feel like they way a million pounds.

"Shallan?" the woman whispers, "Move your arm of you can hear me." I wiggle my fingers slightly. The woman starts to cry. The door opens again. I very slowly open one eye. I immediately close it again. Then I open it. Everything is very blurry and white. I open my other eye and blink repeatedly. I close them again and groan softly. My entire body aches. But it's a dull ache.

"Shallan? Can you hear me?" asks an unfamiliar voice. I nod my head. "Can you open your eyes?" I slowly open my eyes and look up into the face of a woman I have never met. The woman smiles and looks behind her.

"I need to run a few short tests, would mind stepping out please?" I hear the door open and close.

"Alright let's sit you up." she presses a button by my head and the bed moves into an upright position.

"Can you tell me your full name?"

"Shallan Clarity Way." I croak. My voice is hoarse from disuse. She hands me a cup of water from the table beside me. I take a long drink.

"Good. When were you born?"

"November 9, 1989."

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I was walking with...Patrick. I tripped and stumbled into the road and then I remember pain and someone screamed." I take another long drink.

"Okay. Good. Do you remember your family then?"

"Mikey, Alicia, Gerard, Frank, Ray, Bob, Don and Donna."

"Very good. No amnesia. Now move your head for me please." I look left, right, up and down.

"Now move your arms, hands and fingers." I do as I'm told.

"Wiggle your toes for me. Just your toes." I wiggle my toes.

"Move your feet." I do.

"Now bring your knees up if you can." I get them half way up when a sharp pain shoots through them. I lay them back down.

"I can't do that. I'm sorry, but it hurts to much."

"That's okay. Try moving your torso." when I'm done she lays the bed back a bit.

"Can you smell alright?" I take a long sniff. It smells like bleach and lemons. Not a very pleasing aroma.

"Yeah."

"And is your vision fuzzy or anything."

"Nope."

"Are you nauseous or dizzy?"

"No."

"Alright I'm gonna check your vitals real quick and then I'll let your family in okay sweetie?"

"Ok." she checks my vitals and then walks out. Mikey and Alicia walk in followed by Gee. I smile wide. Alicia is crying and Mikey and Gee are both smiling. Mikey is the first one to hug me.

"I thought I lost you." he whispers.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm just so fucking happy your okay."

"Me too." he pulls away and presses a kiss to my forehead, before moving and let Alicia give me a hug.

"I know I don't know you very well, but I plan to change that." she whispers.

"Okay." she lets me go and I'm immediately embraced by Gee.

"You scared us all so much."

"I'm sorry."

"I thought you were gone for good. I didn't know how we would go on without you."

"You would pushed foreward and lived your life, but lets not think about that if we don't have to. Okay?"

"Okay." he pulls back, kisses my forehead and moves back from the bed a little.

"Where's everyone else?"

"In the waiting room. They're only letting family in right now." Mikey tells me.

"Oh. Okay." I look around the room at my family and smile.

Frank's POV

I stand and walk around the waiting room. I tried sitting but I'm too excited.

"Dude sit down already. You're gonna wear through the floor." Ray tells me.

"I can't I'm too excited to see her."

"Well so are we but we aren't putting holes in the hospital floor." Ray points out. I roll my eyes and ignore him. The door to Shallan's room opens and Mikey pokes his head out.

"You guys can come in." Ray and Bob stand up and follow me into Shallan's room. She smiles wide when she sees us. I walk over and wrap my arms around her.

"I missed you." I tell her.

"I missed you too, Frank." I move and let Ray and Bob give her hugs as well.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"Good. I mean I've definitly  been better, but I've also been worse." she says. "I also really want to stand, but I can't put pressure on my knees so...." she trails off. After that it gets silent.

The silence is broken by a knock on the door. Patrick pokes his head in.

"Can I come in?" Shallan's smile, if possible, gets even wider.

"Yes." she says. Patrick steps in and closes the door behind him. He walks over and gives her a hug.

We spend about two hours catching up with Shallan telling her everything that's happened since she fell into a coma. Then a nurse comes in and tells us visiting hours are over. We all give her hugs and say our goodbyes. Mikey is the last to hug her.

"We'll be back tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Bye. Love you."

"Love you too." she smiles and waves as we walk out the door. We get in our separate cars and go to our respective places for the night.

As I crawl into my bed I smile and sigh. She's gonna be absolutely fine. I grab a sheet of paper and pen. I scribble away for about ten minutes before putting my stuff down and turning off the lights.