26~Mikey & Shallan & Patrick

Hi! Please don't hate me after this.

I've decided to go through with the eye surgery. We're taking a month of tour starting in  May, because that's when my appointment is scheduled. So I've got like three and a half months. And plenty of stuff to occupy my time. Like giving Shallan more bass lessons. I hardly talk to her anymore, because she's always talking to Patrick. I'm glad she's happy, but I wish I could spend some more time with her. Right now Shallan and I are sitting on the couch and I'm giving her another lesson. She keeps hitting the wrong chords and her sleeves keep falling over her hands.

"Maybe if you push your sleeves up it'll help." she looks around us. Gee, Frank and Bob are working on recording stuff.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You know why not."

"You didn't do it again, did you?" she glances at Gee, Frank and Bob.

"No, but what if-"

"They aren't going to judge you."

"I know that. It's just-"

"Please?" she sighs and pushes he sleeves up past her elbows. Faded red lines run up her arms all the way to her elbows. The ones closer to her elbows are more faded and the ones closer to her wrists are still very red. Her stitches are gone now, but scars are in their place. She refuses to look at me. I place her hands on the bass again. I have her try again. It sounds much better. She smiles.

"It almost sounds like when you play."

"Practice. You'll get better." she moves her fingers and tries another chord.

"This sounds much better."

"Yep." she messes around with a few random chords.

"Can you play that again?"

"Uh." she tries again. It almost sounds right.

"Let me try." I say and take the bass. I play the chords I think she played. I try a few different ones until I find the ones she played.

"I need paper and something to write with." I tell Shallan. She jumps up and looks around. She grabs Gee's sketchpad and a pencil. I write down the chords. I play through them again just to make sure and then put my bass down. I grab the sketchpad and walk over to Gee.

"You need to see this." I say and hand him the pad.

"Did I give you permission to use my sketchpad?"

"No."

"Then why did you think it would be okay to use it?" I roll my eyes.

"Just read what I wrote." He reads it.

"Play it for me?"

"Sure." I grab my bass and play through it again.

"This is great." He hands the sketchpad to Frank, "Look what Mikey wrote."

"I didn't write it. Shallan did."

 "Oh. Well where is she?"

"She's over..." I look over my shoulder and notice she's gone. "She was over there." I notice a piece of paper where she had been sitting. I pick up.

Mikey-

Sorry I left suddenly put Patrick is taking me someplace and he wanted to leave. I'll let you know when I'll be back. Patrick said we shouldn't be more than two hours, but he wasn't sure.

                                                                                                                                                                  -Shallan

I sigh.

Shallan's POV

Mikey walks over to show the others. I sit back down. The bus door opens and Patrick walks in. He smile.

"Hey. Ready to go?"

"Uh-huh. Let me write a quick note to Mikey." I pull a sheet of paper from my notebook and scribble note.

"How long will we be?"

I'm not sure. Probably no more than two hours." I set the note on the couch and stand up.

"Alright lets go." Patrick grabs my hand and basically drags me from the bus. I smile. My heart racing. We start walking.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"We are going on an adventure."

"Exciting."

"You want a reason to live? I'm going to give you some. At least that's the plan."

"I can't thank you enough. For everything you've done for me." I tell him truthfully.

"Anytime." he grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze. I smile. It's silent, but not uncomfortably so. I start humming, mostly out of habit. It's Mom always did when it got to quiet.

"What are you humming?"

"A song of their new album. It's called Disenchanted. I helped Mikey with the bass part."

"Cool. I can't wait to hear it."

"Just out of curiosity can you speak any other languages?" I ask him.

"Tu es beau comme une fleur. Tu es mon rayon de soleil. Je suis heureux que nous avons rencontre." he responds.

"French?"

"Yeah. I don't a whole lot yet, but I'm working on it. What about you?"

"Fai battere il mio cuero. Tu sei la mia ragione per vivere. Mi fai piu felice di quanto si portra mai sapere. Grazie di tutto."

"Italian right?"

"Uh-huh. My mom was Italian. She spoke fluently around the house a lot, but Dad spoke English so I know both." We talk and laugh and joke while we walk. We stop in front of a coffee shop.

"Coffee?"

"Number thirteen on the reasons to live list." Patrick smiles. I laugh and shake my head.

"Whatever you say." He leads me inside. We get our coffee and walk back out. We continue down the sidewalk. Just as we reach the crosswalk I trip and stumble into the street. My coffee hits the ground. I regain my balance and laugh. I turn and look at Patrick. His eyes are wide.

"Shallan!" and then all I can process is pain. Excruciating pain. I hear a scream. Loud and shrill. I fall. My head hits something, hard. And everything goes black.

Patrick's POV

I watch in horror as the car hits her back and keeps going. She screams and falls. I can almost hear the crack her head makes when it connects with the pavement. I rush to Shallan's side. I cradle her limp body in my arms. An ambulance arrives. Two paramedics carefully take Shallan from me. I follow them into the ambulance. They try to talk to me, but all I can grasp is that she might die. And it will be all my fault.

++++

Please don't kill me! I'm sorry. Well actually not really, but whatever. Comment and vote. Please! And stay awesome!

Savannah:-)