32~Shallan

I stretch and yawn. I grab my phone and check the time. It's 9:00am. I sigh and roll out of my bunk. Now's as good a time as any to get up I suppose. I yawn and rub my eyes. I grab my crutches and walk to the kitchen where I find Mikey and Alicia drinking coffee. Mikey is sitting on the counter and Alicia is standing between his legs with her back to his chest. I pour myself some coffee and doctor it the way I like it.

"Morning Shallan." Mikey says.

"Mmm." Is my reply. I stand and sip my coffee, attempting to wake myself. Frank comes stumbling into the kitchen half asleep and trips over my foot, landing on the floor. He groans and stands up.

"I'm sorry Frankie. It was an accident."

"It's fine." he says and rubs his cheek, before pouring himself some coffee. Good mornings are exchanged and then all of us are quiet. Alicia finishes her coffee, rinses her mug, gives Mikey a quick kiss and then walks back toward the bunks. I finish my coffee and walk out of the kitchen. As I do so Frank sticks his foot out and trips me. I catch myself before I fall then turn and glare at him.

"That was deliberate." Frank giggles.

"My bad?"

"Yes your bad. Prick." I say goodnaturedly.

"Excuse me?"

"There's no excuse for you." I smirk. It's now I notice that Mikey has left. Frank takes a step toward me.

"Oh really?"

"Yes." he takes another step forward. I take one back.

"You sure?"

"About 70%. Why?"

"No particular reason really." he steps forward again. I step back and press my back against the edge of the counter.

"Just curious." Frank steps close enough that our chests are almost touching and I can feel his breath on my face. His eyes move from my eyes to my lips and back again. I wait, unsure of what's going to do. I'm sure he's going to kiss me. My heart beats like crazy, pounding so hard I'm almost positive it's going to come right out of my chest. I place my hand on his chest. His heart is pounding just as hard as mine. He starts to lean in. And then someone clears their throat. Frank and I jump apart. Gerard is standing by the coffee pot, with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know what I just saw, but I'm almost too tired to care."

"Nothing, nothing was happening." I rush out. Frank coughs awkwardly.

"Yeah. Nothing. I'm gonna go get dressed." and then Frank is gone.

"That was weird." Gerard mumbles and returns to his coffee.

"Tell me about it." I whisper. Gerard takes his coffee and walks past me to his bunk. I stay rooted to the spot thinking about what nearly happened. In my peripheral vision I see Alicia walk into the kitchen.

"Hey Shallan I've got a question fo-" she stops, "Shallan? You okay?" I shake myself from my thoughts.

"I think so. What did you need?"

"Well since we have to stop because the guys are performing this evening I thought maybe we could go shopping and hang out just us. Get to know each other. What do you say?"

"Sounds fun. I'll go get dressed."

"Ok. We'll leave when your ready." she smiles.

"Give me fifteen minutes." I walk past the bunks to where we store suitcases and find clean jeans and a longsleeved t-shirt. I pass Frank as I walk into the bathroom. We make this really awkward eye contact and then he smirks. I roll my eyes and close the bathroom door. I change and brush my hair out. It's down past my ears now. But it's layered so I can't put it in a ponytail yet. I finish in the bathroom, put my dirty laundry into my suitcase, grab my beanie and my sneakers. When I finish tying my laces I grab my phone and coat and meet Alicia by the door.