10~Shallan

I jolt awake. Why am I awake? What time is it? Then I hear it again. The sound of someone retching. I climb out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. It's dark and I trip a couple of times. I make it to the bathroom. Mikey is hunched over the toilet puking his guts up.

"Oh Mikey." His head turns just slightly then goes right back as he retches again. His glasses are missing. He squints at me.

"Did I wake you up?" His voice is hoarse, probably from puking.

"Yeah. It's fine though. You can't help how loud you puke." he half smiles before turning to vomit up whichever of his organs are left. I sit down next to him. I brush his hair back off his face. He's burning up. At this point he's just dry heaving. His shirt is clinging to his back, his hair is stuck all over his face and he's covered in sweat. His face is pale, like paler than usual and his eyes are bloodshot. To sum it up. He looks like shit.

"I'll be right back." I whisper. I stand and walk back to the bunks. I find Mikey's suitcase and pull out a t-shirt. Then I go to the kitchen and get a glass of water. I make my way back to the bathroom. Mikey is no longer hunched over the toilet which is a good sign. I sit down in front of him and hand him the glass of water. He takes it and takes a drink.

"I brought you a dry shirt." I say and hand it to him. He grabs the back of the shirt he's wearing and pulls it over his head and throws it in the direction of the door. Then he grabs the clean one and puts it on. I dig through the bathroom drawer in search of either Tylenol or Dramamine. I find Ibuprofen instead. It will have to work. I take two out the bottle and hand them to Mikey. He takes them and swallows them. He leans back against the wall.

"You can go back to bed. I'll be fine." He tells me.

"No. You need help." He sighs. Then he leans back over the toilet just in time for his pills and water to come back up. When he's done retching he spits and wipes his mouth. He reaches for the cup.

"Just take a small sip." I tell him. He nods and takes a sip before putting the cup back on the floor.

"Where are your glasses?" I ask him. He shrugs. I sigh,"How long have you been up?"

"Half an hour. Forty-five minutes maybe." He starts to reach for the cup and then leans back over the toilet to retch again. Not much comes up. Of course there's not much left to come up. He lays back against the wall and closes his eyes.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." he says without opening his eyes.

"It's okay." I stand up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back. Promise." He nods and yawns. I walk out and to my suitcase. I grab my sweatshirt and slip it on. Then I dig around in my suitcase, hoping I still have my bottle of Dramamine. I smile when I find it. I turn and look out the window. It's raining. Scratch that. It's a fucking torrential downpour. I walk back to the bathroom. Mikey is leaning over the toilet, heaving. Poor Mikey. He leans back and coughs. I hand him a Dramamine and the cup of water. He swallows and then looks at me.

"Thanks."

"Anytime Mikey." I whisper. His eyes start to close,"Come on Mikey. Let's get you back to the couch." I stand and help him to his feet. Together we make our back to the couch. He lays down and I drape a blanket over him. He rolls onto his side so that he's facing the couch.

"Good night Mikey."

"Night. Love you." he mumbles.

"Love you too Mikey." I whisper before crawling back into my bunk. I'm asleep in mere seconds.

+Her dream+

I'm sitting with Felix on the floor of the bank. Dad is talking to the men. Mom is clutching Felix who's holding onto me. Mom is yelling at dad to come and sit with us.

"Derek just come here. Please!" Mom pleads. Dad keeps talking. The robber points his gun at Dad's head.

"Shut the fuck up and go sit with your family." He growls.

"I will not sit there and let you steal innocent people's money."

"Derek please!"

"Daddy come please." My little voice cries out. The robber shoots him in the head. Dad falls back. Mom screams. Blood starts to pool under dad's head. Mom rushes to his side.

"No. NO NO NO!" she yells. The curse words starts pouring from her lips. She stands. She runs at the man.

"Momma no!" Felix and I yell. It's too late. There's a loud crack and she too falls back.

"MOMMA! MOMMA! NO!" I yell. I try to run to her, but Felix holds me back,"NO! MOMMA! NO!"

"Shallan! Shallan! Wake up!" I voice says right in my ear. It's not Felix's.

"Shallan!"

I'm shaken awake by Mikey. Tears are pouring down my face.

"Shallan, it's okay. It was just a dream." he pulls me off the bunk and wraps his arms around me.

"He d-d-d-and she d-d-d and I-" I burst into tears. Mikey rubs my back.

"It's okay. It was just a dream." he whispers. I pull away and wipe my face. I take a few deep breaths.

"Are you feeling any better?" I ask him.

"A bit. I haven't thrown up yet this morning so that's a good sign. My throat and head are killing me though." He still looks really pale. I place my hand against his forehead. He's still got a fever. I walk into the bathroom and grab the bottle of Ibuprofen. I walk back to Mikey.

"Take two every four hours. It will help your throat and head and it will help bring your fever down." He nods and takes the bottle. I turn and look out the window. I have no idea where we are, but wherever it is it's snowing. I follow Mikey into the kitchen. He gets some water and takes the pills and I make myself a cup of coffee. Gerard is standing there drinking his coffee.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Connecticut."

"Ok."

"We have six shows left for tour and then we're going home." Gerard tells me.

"What day is it?"

"November 17." Mikey says. I nod and walk back to my bunk. I grab my notebook and sit down to write.

+++++

How are you guys? I'm good. Kind of bored, but otherwise fine. My brother is making me watch Voltron with him. It's better than other things he's made me watch. And Keith is kind hot. Anyway. Comment and vote. Please, of course. Thanks!

Savannah:-)