37~Frank & Shallan

Shallan and I are going on our second date today. We're going bowling, but she doesn't know that yet. She's getting ready right now. I'm waiting in the front lounge.

"Shallan?" I call.

"Coming! One minute." she replies. A minute later she's ready. She smiles and offers me her hand. I take it and stand up.

"So where are we going?" she asks as we leave the bus.

"We are going bowling."

"Bowling? Really?!" she starts bouncing excitedly.

"Yeah. Do you like bowling?"

"I've never been. This is so exciting."

"You've never been bowling?" I ask in disbelief.

"Most of my childhood was spent in a carehome, Frank." she points out.

"Right sorry."

"It's okay." she squeezes my hand. We walk down the street in the direction of the bowling alley. Just before we get there we're stopped by three teenage girls.

"OMG! You're Frank Iero!" one of them squeaks. Her friends gasp and stare at me with wide eyes.

"Hey." I reply. One girl pulls a crumpled piece of paper and a pen from her purse.

"Can you sign this please?" she asks handing it to me.

"Sure." Shallan lets go of my hand and steps behind me slightly. I sign the paper and hand it back.

"Thank you so much." all three of them give me hugs and then walk away. Shallan grabs my hand and we walk into the bowling alley. The sound of bowling balls crashing into pins meets us as we enter. We walk up to the counter. The guy behind the counter tells us we can use lane 23 and then asks our shoe sizes. We give them to him and he gives each a pair of shoes. We walk down toward the end of the bowling alley. When we reach our lane we sit and change our shoes. Shallan finishes tying hers first so she goes to get a ball. When I finish with mine I grab a ball too and then set up the game. Shallan goes first. She gets a gutter ball. She huffs and pouts.

"This is harder than I thought it would be."

"Try again." I say as the ball comes back. She picks up her ball again and tries again. This time she knocks over six pins.

"I did it!" she says in shock. She turns and smiles at me. "Your turn." I stand and grab my ball. I get a strike. We play for a half an hour.

"I'm hungry." Shallan declares.

"I could eat. But first lets finish this game. We've only got two frames left."

"Ok." We finish our game and change our shoes. We return our shoes and leave the bowling alley.

"Where do you want to eat?" I ask grabbing her hand.

"How about that little diner on the corner?" she suggests.

"Perfect." It takes us ten minutes to reach the diner which is called Sally Anne's. We walk in and sit down in an empty booth. A waitress comes over.

"Hi! Can I get you guys some drinks?" she asks cheerily.

"Just water for me." Shallan says.

"Ok and you?" she directs at me.

"I'll have a coke."

"I'll be right back with those. Menus are behind the napkin holder." she walks back behind the counter. Shallan and I grab menus.

"I think I'm going to get the Caesar salad." Shallan says looking at me over her menu.

"I think I'll get the quesadillas." the waitress comes back with our drinks and takes our orders. Shallan grabs my hand across the table and smiles.

"You look happy." I tell her.

"I am." the waitress comes back with our food and smiles, warmly at us.

"You guys make a cute couple." she says.

"Thanks." Shallan whisper softly.

"Your welcome." We eat and talk and laugh for another half hour then we finish and I pay.

"I had so much fun." Shallan says as we head back toward the bus.

"Me too." I give Shallan's hand a squeeze.

Shallan's POV

"Me too." Frank says and squeezes my hand. We get within five feet of the bus when Frank pulls me to a stop.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Something I've wanted to do for a very long time." he puts his hands on either side of my face and gently presses his lips to mine. His hands stay on my cheeks and mine go around his neck. Time seems to slow down. Everything in my life is falling into place. I have a family. I'm loved, cared for and wanted. Everything is perfect. And I swear in that moment I have never felt more alive.

+++++

That's it guys. The very last chapter. I'll post the epilogue on Friday. Also today is Shallan's birthday. If she were a real person she would be 29. So happy Birthday to the character I'm most proud of! And please comment and vote. Thanks!

Savannah:-)