Bonus Chapter: Frank & Shallan

This is three weeks after Shallan's nineteenth birthday.

Shallan's hand is warm in mine. I give it a  reassuring squeeze as we walk up steps to my parents house. They haven't Shallan yet. I look down at Shallan. She looks nervous. But she's come a long way since she became a Way. We reach the door and I knock before opening it.

"Mom? We're here!" I call as we step in.

"Frank!" She comes from the kitchen, "Oh honey it's so good to see you." She wraps her arms around !e and kisses my cheek.

"It's good to see you too, Mom." She pulls away from me and looks at Shallan.

"And you must be Shallan. Lovely to finally meet you." She gives Shallan a hug and Shallan's grip on my hand tightens significantly. Mom let's her go. Shallan steps closer to me so that she's pressed into my side.

"It's nice to meet you." Shallan finally gets out.

"Well come in. Are you hungry? I just made cookies."

"Sure. We'd love some." We follow her into the kitchen. She gives us each a couple cookies and pours us milk. We all sit down at the table and Shallan subtly moves her chair closer to mine.

"I feel like I should ask you how you met or something, but Frank's already told me." Shallan looks at me and smiles. My face heats up. I clear my throat.

"So when will Dad be home?"

"Not for another couple hours. Why? Did you want to rest a bit?" I look at Shallan. She nods.

"Yeah. Just for a little bit."

"Well you know where your room is and you can show Shallan to the guest room."

"Sure. Come on Shallan." I stand and offer her my hand. She accepts it and I pull her to her feet. I lead her down the hall.

"You don't have to stay in the guest room if you don't want to."

"Maybe I'll come take a nap with you." She says and leans against me. I smile and open my bedroom door. My room is small but comfortable. A book shelf full of comics and a few books, a desk and my bed. Shallan takes her sweater off and throws herself onto my bed.

"Join me." She says holding her arms out. I lay down beside her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you." I press my lips to hers.

"Love you too, Frankie." She says and rests her head on my chest. She closes her eyes and is asleep in a few minutes. I brush her hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. I close my eyes and let sleep consume me.

Shallan's POV

"Shallan. Babe, you need to get up." Frank's voice brings me from my dreams. I roll over and stretch my arms. I open my eyes and rub the sleep from them. I sit up and run my fingers through my hair. I yawn and hear Frank chuckle. I turn and smile at him.

"How was your nap?" He asks.

"Great. Yours?" I ask before kissing his cheek.

"Good. My dad's home. And you may want to fix your hair." I nod and stand up. I stretch and pull a hair elastic from my pocket. I quickly braid my hair and turn to look at Frank.

"Better?"

"Yep. You ready to meet my dad?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." He grabs my hand AMD together we walk into the livingroom. His parents are sitting on the couch his mom is knitting and his dad is reading the paper.