thirty seven

as i said, this is not the end.
-
i couldn't stop my legs from trembling, they bounced up and down with every second the clock ticked.

i down at my bitten nails, sighing in anticipation. she has to be okay, i can't lose her.

i remember the moment she jumped of the edge, she didn't portray a single ounce of fear. she was willing to give herself up in order for me to have a future, i never knew she was so selfless.

"sir, who are you waiting for?" one of the nurses asked, tapping my shoulder lightly.

"Soraya Coleman, are there any updates?" i asked impatiently.

"she's alive, but sir you must understand that she's fatal, at any given moment her heart could give out. she took quite to jump, are you aware what may have triggered this?" she looks up from her clipboard, making eye contact.

"do you think she'll live?" i said, dismissing her questions.

"at this point im not sure, she's a fighter though, ill tell you that much. now, for legal reasons i need you to tell me why she jumped out of that window" she was demanding the answer now.

"our house set on fire, i was out at the studio but i got the alert on my phone and rushed back, calling the ambulance and fire patrol but they didn't make it in time. it was either her or me, i put her on my back and just before i jumped she told me she loved me and said sorry before flipping us over and jumping. she saved my life"

the nurse grimaced, stroking my back in sympathy before beginning to write down what i had just said.

"thankyou. i know this is a very difficult time for you, i can't even begin to imagine. ill make sure to tell you if we have any updates on her stability. oh, and stay strong" she smiles and walks off, handing the clipboard over to the reception desk and striding into the distance.

i looked over at the seats beside me, they're empty. her parents didn't even bother to show up to see if she's still alive, no wonder she wanted to get away from her home.

i bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to pour out at any given minute.

i quickly pulled out my phone from my back pocket and clicked onto the contact of the one person i know will help me.

pattie: justin baby, what's wrong?

justin: m-mom can you come to the hospital? i really need you right now

pattie: what happened, are you okay?!

justin: im okay now, they took care of me, i don't have any outstanding injuries. its soraya, the girl i spoke about to you earlier, s-shes fatal mom, i think i might lose her.

pattie: oh, honey. ill be there as fast as i can okay? hold on tight.

justin: i love you mom

pattie: i love you too baby.

why's the world so cruel?

i continued to ask myself this question over and over until i finally saw my mom walk through the wards doors. her eyes softened at the sight of me

"oh honey, tell me everything" she whispered, engulfing me in a warm embrace.

i spent the next 30 minutes telling her exactly what happened, i even managed to tell her about what i was planning on doing for soraya after i got home. if only i never left.

she stayed with me for hours, and just as soon as we were both about to doze off to sleep the same nurse from earlier walked over to us, tapping us both on the shoulder again.

"she's stable, but she's currently in a concussion. her ribs and right leg are broken, as well as her lungs being very weak due to the pressure they are being put under because of her crushed ribs. her surgery is booked for tomorrow"

a wave of relief washed over me, i felt as if the whole world was lifted off of my shoulders.

I know she's unconscious but she's alive, that's all the matters right now.

"may i see her?" i asked groggily, rubbing my eyes of the sleep.

"yes but she won't be able to see or hear anything you say, and we reccomend that you don't hug or lay down next to her" i nod understanding. my mom stands up and places a kiss on my forehead before pushing me forward towards her rooms door.

i walked in cowardly, im scared to see how banged up she is.

as soon as i laid eyes on her i had to turn away, she doesn't even look recognisable.

"hey princess, i know you can't hear me, but im here for you. i love you and im going to sit here until you wake up, but you have to promise me something okay? You have to fight through this. this is just another obstacle you have to overcome and im going to be here, w-with you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you" i whimpered holding onto her hand tightly.

"i love you too, jay. and im not going anywhere either" i heard a soft voice croak out.

my eyes lit up at the sound, tears began to form in my eyes, she's awake, and alive and breathing and she's still the same soraya i remember. there's not a thing in this world i wouldn't do for her.

thankyou God. for listening to my prayers.

authors note:
don't kill me. I decided I know how to continue the book IM SOOO SORRY FOR MESSING WITH YOUR WMOTJONS OKAY?
and just so you know, Justin didn't recieve any of the impact, or very little of it. and im I fully aware that it is physically impossible for her to have survived but we're talking hypothetically so whatever 😂