The First Glimpse

"If a man is not faithful to his own individuality, he cannot be loyal to anyone."

Shree's Perspective

"Relax Di you are looking pretty." Siya whispered in my ear as I descended down the stairs and eight pairs of eyes fell on me.

"Thanks!" I chipped, flashing smile. As I reached the hall, mom escorted me to them and I smiled, joining my hands "Hello!"

"Hello beta, come sit here." The lady, who I suspected as Abhimanyu's mother, patted the seat beside her and I collapsed near her having my eyes lowered as everyone was watching me and I was very nervous.

"How are you?" She asked and I nodded, finding my voice. "I am good, aunt."

"Let me introduce you to my family..." She introduced me to everyone except Abhimanyu; I greeted them one by one and smiled at them. I wanted to have a full look of the man who was there for me but I was unfortunately sitting perpendicular to him. No chance whatsoever to see him surreptitiously.

"Hi, bhabhi. I am Vandisha, dada's sister." I chuckled at the way she introduced herself. "Hi."

"And, I am Paridhi, the twin one." Another one smiled at me and I nodded. "I figured that."

"You are very pretty, bhabhi." I blushed at their blended compliment and everyone laughed as well.

"Thanks."

"Shree," I looked at my right. Bhabhi smiled at me and elbowed her husband. "Anshuman, sit next to your brother."

I smile at their concomitant and sat next to her when he complied his wife's wish. Funnily enough, I was thankful of her because this way, I would be able to gawk at Abhimanyu as he sat opposite to me. A sudden yelp of a baby boy caught my ears as we talked. I watched bhabhi trying to gather the kid in her arms but he was wrestling incessantly. He was beginning to grapple and escaped out of her grip.

"Adi...baby, what's wrong?" Bhabhi cooed, kissing the crown of his head. "Anshuman." She beckoned dada and as soon as dada tried to draw him together. He leapt on to my lap and clutched on to me tightly.

"Adi." There was an edge of reprimand in dada's voice but the kid didn't look up once he dropped his face in my neck. I couldn't decide what propelled me to circle my arms around him and I cocooned him with affection.

"Give him to me. He's going to ruin your sari." Bhabhi forwarded her arms but I shook my head, rubbing his back as he clammed up. "It's fine. He has his diaper on, right?"

"Yes."

"Then it is fine." I cuddled the baby and he peered at me with twinkling eyes that glistened with tears, "Me...Adi...Adi..."

His wobbling immediately stole my heart and I kissed his hair. "I know, baby."

"It was my fault. I forgot to introduce the most important member of the family." Abhimanyu's badi ma laughed at the antics of her grandson and everyone chuckled.

"Shree, meet the youngest member of our family." Dada said to me, ruffling his son's hair. "Aditya Singh Chauhan."

"Nice to meet you, Adi." I crooned. "How old is he?"

Bhabhi replied with proud. "One and a half year."

"He's so cute." I kissed his cheek again and he hid his face in my neck.

"Is he blushing?" I tried to peek at him but he tightened his arms around me and everyone giggled. Soon enough, everyone got engaged in discourse. I took the opportunity to silently stare at Abhimanyu as he talked to my dad and when my eyes met him, I averted my gaze quickly. That was thrilling, trying to lock our eyes in the presence of elders yet shyly peep away.