The 'No-Strings-Attached' Call

“The trust has broken down. It will take some time to change attitudes and attitudes are going to be needed to develop trust.”

After I got fresh, Vandisha showed me the home and I was once again engaged with rituals. The next time when I came in the room, I was surprised. The room was decorated with scented candles and pearl white satin sheet was neatly spread on the bed with rose petals all over it.

“Don’t gawk! Now it’s your room as well.” Vidhi bhabhi chuckled as she helped me in sitting on the bed.

“Not only the room but also Abhimanyu.” Vandana Di teased me and I just got one shade more red.

“We will send Abhi in a moment.” Bhabhi winked at me and I chewed the insides of mouth.

 “All the best.” They giggled and I just lowered my lashes, playing with my bangles. Smile wasn’t leaving my face because finally I was going to talk to him.

Abhimanyu’s Perspective

I drank another glass, lost in my thoughts. Bharat squeezed my shoulder, “Dude! We kept this party so that you can be relieved from your stress, so chill! You don’t have to drink so much.”

“Relax! My ass!!” I muttered, looking away and sipped beer and Kartik clicked his tongue, “Move past what happened and inaugurate your new life with her.”

“Go, she must be waiting for you.” Mehul pushed me, winking and I swatted off his hand. “I am going to tell her that this relation means nothing to me.”

“What??” They yelled in unison.

“She will stay away from me after it and in mean time; I will sort out my issues.” I continued.

“You mean you will not leave her?” Bharat queried and I nodded. “No, she is my wife. I have certain responsibilities towards her. Though, as much as I don’t want it to do, I can’t neglect her. I just need some time.”

“I have this sudden urge to kick you hard.” Kartik groaned.

I snapped hotly. “I did what you guys said but now I will do what is right.”

“Why are you guys standing here?” I drew my eyebrow together when I saw my all sisters standing outside my room.

“Oh here you come!” Vandana di purred “Come on give us neg and go inside, she must be waiting.”

“Neg?” I asked with disbelief, my wedding will leave me bankrupted!! “Sorry! I have no money.” I showed my empty wallet.

Thank god! I’d removed cash. I grinned within my slurring mind.

“That’s not fair. Lend some money from anyone and pay us.” Paridhi whined.

I snapped at her, irritated. “Why the hell should I pay you to go in my own room?”

“Because that’s a consuetude.” Di intervened but I scoffed. “What rubbish!”

“Give us money Abhi. Fast. We are tired.”

“No way. I am not giving a single penny now; you guys have already robbed me enough.” I refused straightforward.

“Fine then sleep here only.” Vandisha showed attitude and I smirked, “Sure.” 

Their expressions were priceless. I bit back my laugh. The walkout started, two hours rolled down but I sat unmoved with them outside my room. They were too stubborn to get up but I bet two more minutes and they would be running to their room.

“Dada!” Paridhi whined, rubbing her feet. “Please, give us money I am tired.”

“How much?” I bargained.