Extras (2)

*Shree POV*

I smile looking at my husband sulking while sipping his tea. Lowering my eyes, I bite my lip to suppress the grin which was killing me to come out but I know if I so much as smile, he would glare me and rant about how reckless mother I am.

If not in given situation, he had said that, I would've gladly thrown the imported designed flowerpot kept on the drawing Hall on his head but I am least bothered about it right now and letting him enjoy blaming me for my nonexisting incompetency of parenting.

"She's just ten Shree! Just ten!" He howls again, chugging down his cup and I sigh, touching the rim of my coffee cup, "You're overreacting honey. She didn't mean it that way."

"What?" The shock evident on his face and I throw a look at him, pissed off, but he beat me to it, "She is our daughter, how could you say this?"

"That's enough Abhimanyu." I finally burst up, "I am telling you that I know everything about her and I am very aware what my kids are doing, so stop talking my head off."

"So what! You didn't know she has a boyfriend. She told me this herself. Can you believe it? She is just ten and have a boyfriend under my nose and I feel like shit that I can't even immune those slobbering tail wagging dogs who roam around her." He grunts looking constipated, "What do you think do we need to change her school and admit her in better one? Do you want me to talk to her teachers? Do you want me to talk to that truant's parents?"

God!!!

"Abhi, shut up!" I roar, trudging to him across the table and just somehow curbing the urge to smack him hard. "They both are just ten and Neel is not going to kill your daughter or harm her. In fact, she told you that he is her boyfriend because I told her that."

"What?" If he looked constipated before, now he looks as if his kidneys failed and I couldn't stop smiling.

Leaning over him, I wreath my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek, "Baby, listen to me first. I don't know from where she heard the word boyfriend and was asking me. So, to make her understand, I told her that a boy who is friend is called boyfriend. That was the simple and innocent thing I could tell her."

He visibly relaxes and sips his tea, "Couldn't you say that boyfriend is a very bad thing? Something like not to name even?"

"You're stupid!" I chide, "She's just ten and I can't tell her something like this which will dread her. Besides, she already have a very protective dad then I thought to cut her some slacks."

He turns in his chair and pulls me on his lap, "So are you sure that she doesn't have any boyfriend?" I roll my eyes, "Yes, I know, she doesn't have any boyfriend. Neither Neel nor anyone else and there's absolutely no need to talk to her teachers or to change her school which is actually the best school in Udaipur. Not to mention about Neel's parents."

"I don't like this Neel." He frowns, "He doesn't seem good to me. I talked to him last week and I think he has some ulterior motives."

"Shut up! You didn't talk to him, you were simply glaring him all the time and you were acting as if he is your rival." I gently slap his cheek, faking anger, "C'mon Abhi, He is just ten."

"Twelve."

"Okay fine, twelve and what probably a twelve year old can do to your daughter? He doesn't have any ulterior motive for god sake."

"Even if he has, he won't succeed." He replies confidently and it was my turn to frown, "What are you doing? Fess up!"

"Nothing."