The Cool Bride

"You may hold my hand for a while but you hold my heart forever and this has been proved out since ages."

Shree's Perspective

I wore bangles that went well with my red and peach sari and glanced at my reflection one last time before getting up and sprinting downstairs.

"Mom! Are you guys coming?"

"No, take Siyu with you. Your dad and I will attend the function only." Mom said and I called Siya before driving to Rhea's home. It was her engagement today and aunt had relied on me for her make-up and dress. Since she was an only child, sometimes she was purely a mess for her parents.

"Namaste aunty where is Rhea?" I looked around her guests swarming home, only heads were visible here. My wedding. An unwelcomed feeling gripped my heart and I found my eyes getting wet.

"Madam is still getting ready. Beta you're my only hope, go and make something useful of her as she's completely irked the beautician by her pestering." Aunt mumbled, rubbing her forehead and I casted a smile, blinking away my tears. "Don't worry aunt. I'll go and check."

I sprinted upstairs and opened the door to see a completely non-embellished Rhea, pacing back and forth in her room munching cookies and the lady assigned to decorate her sitting on the bed, holding their head.

"What happened?"

"Oh thank god you came, Butu!" She hugged me, whining, "Nothing is going right. I just realized that my blouse color is different shade of golden while my lehenga is of different shade." She showed me the light golden color blouse which wasn't same with the shimmering and orange hued golden of the lehanga.

"What? And you noticed it now? What the hell were you doing up till now you fool!" I rebuffed her, forgetting my own mismatched life and tried to fix a ruse in the situation.

"Pass me the lehenga!" I demanded and her cousin gave me the heavy embroidered golden and peach lehanga. I bit my lip, checking the shades. It wasn't basically that bad as Rhea made it sound.

"Call the designer now. You have her number right?" I confirmed and she called the designer. A few experiments with given material and combination we finally managed to ruse.

"It's looking good!" Rhea gleamed, swirling around as she wore the lehanga and enveloped peach shimmer dupatta around her with embroidery. It matched the dress and didn't ruin her look.

"Thanks!" She squeaked, hugging me and I guffawed. I helped her in getting ready. Soon, the sky colored with multitudinous hues of colors, embracing the peaceful ambiance and Hotel Surya gave a tough competition to newly wedded bride, adorned with lights and sparkles.
Hotel Surya was the venue where Rhea's engagement was to be performed.

"Okay, don't be nervous!" I murmured rolling my eyes, playing the part of companion, standing beside her on the Dias as people gawked at the couple and they were about to exchange rings. Truth to be told, she wasn't nervous. Not a bit, I had not seen such a relaxed bride as her. There were no traces of anxiety, jitters on her face. She was as cool as cucumber.

ESV kicked a remark, 'Because she isn't jumping into a loveless marriage with a Buffon, unlike you'.

Perhaps she was right; perhaps I should've gone for love marriage. Perhaps I should've not associated my heart with this excuse of a relationship.

"Congrats!!" My reverie broke as applauses and whistles reached my ears. I looked around to see that the engagement was done, they'd exchanged rings. A nauseous feel erupted in my throat as snaps of my engagement trespassed my mind. Not sounding to be doomed, I excused myself and let others congratulate her.