The Teary Eyes and Griefy Hearts

"Sometimes people don't realize what they have, but I'm sure they will realize what they have lost."

Rhea's Perspective

"Will you stop crying and tell me what happened?" I shouted, irritated as she was constantly crying from the past one hour. She didn't answer and lamenting, cried more hugging her knees. Helplessly, I looked at Akshat and mimed query. He beckoned me to follow him outside and casting a glance on my friend's crying figure, I paddled out.
"What happened to her?" I asked, making sure she was not at hearing distance.
"I've no idea. She called me one hour before, she was crying and asked me to pick her up from Raj Marg lane. When I reached there, she was all alone and rest is history." Akshat sighed.

I covered my mouth, petrified, "What was she doing there all alone at goddamn one?"

"I don't have any idea." He rubbed his forehead, "I am clueless."

"Why the hell was she crying? Where is Abhimanyu?" I felt like crying after seeing the broken state of my friend. She was the toughest girl I had seen but she was not the Shree I knew before me.

"That's why I called you Rhea! Talk to her and make her feel better." He said, concerned and kissed my palms. "Do something for her, Rhea."
"That's what I was doing. I think you should call Abhimanyu and inform -" I was suggesting when a flared voice interrupted me, "Don't You Dare Do That."
Perplexed, I looked back to see a disarranged Shree standing on threshold of room. Her eyes flowed yet they were red with fury. "Don't you dare call him! He just doesn't care if I die or live. He's a monster."
I exchanged glances with Akshat, beckoning him to leave because I knew that she wouldn't get angry with Abhimanyu. She wasn't angry when Abhimanyu disowned her but today, I heard an edge of acrimony for him in his voice. When Akshat left to his kitchen to probably bring water, I knelt beside her and cupped her face. She was distracted but her eyes were swollen and streaming tears down. I felt pain in my chest and wiped her tears. "Okay fine, I will not call him and won't inform about you but...for that you've to tell me everything."
Still sobbing, she hugged me and narrated everything whatever that sonovabitch did with her. I was shocked how inhuman he could be. Anger built up in me and I clenched my jaw, not letting any cuss leave my mouth and patted her back as she needed me now. I was utterly disgusted with Abhimanyu, How can a person be so careless and irresponsible?

"He left me all alone Rh...Rhea. He left me there. I didn't say...say anything and he..." She coughed as her voice croaked and I stroked her hair, keeping my tears at bay. She was adjusting for her parents and that bastard was making her life hell.
"Shhh....don't think about him. He's a pig. I, seriously never, expected him to behave this inhumane. What is he? A heartless bastard." I vented out my impending venom.
"Everything was going good Rhea. I finally had started envisaging my life with him. Despite his abominable behavior, I chose to believe him, gave him a chance. And what he did! He left me forlorn in the middle of night." She mumbled ruefully, her eyes rained and I felt like drawing a dagger on Abhimanyu.
"Stay with me tonight, Rhea. Please don't leave me. I don't want to stay alone." She pleaded and I hugged her.

"You don't need to ask for it, Butu. Relax. I am here baby, don't worry. I will not leave you." I hushed, trying to alleviate her pain. My heart clenched on the thought of any harm touching her if Akshat didn't reach there to pick her up safely. Was she such a burden that he left her there even after knowing how unsafe it was for women?
Mr. Abhimanyu, I won't leave you. I pledged to slaughter him.
"Come and get some sleep." I made her sleep on the bed and covered her. Sauntering to the exit, I closed the door and met Akshat in the half way.

"Is she okay now?" He asked, concerned and I muttered, distracted. "She's sleeping."
He held my hands and I looked up at him to see his thick eyebrows furrow, "What did happen, Rhea?" I melted by his tone and hugging him tightly, I narrated him everything.