The Theory Practitioner

“It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.”

Shree’s Perspective

My aunts and their kids were ready to have a catch up again. I rolled my eyes as I knew what they are going to ask.

How’s your mother in law?
Does she act like vamps? Do they treat you good?
How’s your husband? He seems a good man.
Good, good! Give us good news soon. I’m looking forward to become grand aunt soon.

“Butu! Sit here. See it’s for your mother in law.” Mom unfolded the sari and I realized that even I brought gift for them.

“Mom, I forgot Abhimanyu’s mom has sent gifts for you all. Siya, go and bring them from my room.” Siya quickly followed and came back with gifts.

“You are still very irresponsible.” Buadadi glared me and I looked down. “Pack two packets almond for her, it will sharpen her memory.” She ordered mom.

“I didn’t forget it’s just slipped from my mind.” I defended.

“What is the difference here?” Charu bhabhi giggled and I engaged myself with packing new gift.

“Shree, when will Abhimanyu come, I have to make dinner. You guys will stay for dinner.” Mom asked rather stated.

“Actually he will not come today, I want to stay here for few days, so his mom said, she will send him after three days.”

“Okay, come and help me in the kitchen.” She ushered and I followed.

“I know something is bothering you. What is it?” Mom asked while chipping veggies and I sat on the kitchen counter.

ESV pushed me, encouragingly, ‘Okay babe! Count three and blurt it out. I’m sure your mum will pass the test of being a mum.’

“Mom, Abhimanyu is not what he looks.” I spoke in a breath and she frowned.

“He is, I don’t know, why behaves strangely. It is like he wasn’t ready for the marriage.” I desperately tried to explain.

“Did he say that to you?” Mom asked. He said he will never accept me as his wife and never give this marriage a chance. I wanted to say this but I thought it could probably give my mom heartache so I thought to play smart.

“Kinda. He is not good in adjusting.” I slumped my shoulder and mom put her hand on mine. “Do you remember what I told you once about human nature?” I nodded to it recalling her words.

“That some people pull the facade of being what they are not just because they want us to believe the fact. You said this referring buadadi.” I recited her words and mom smiled.

“It doesn’t only imply on buadadi, it can also be apt for Abhimanyu.”

“He is like a maze, mom!” I made a face.

“And a maze is needed to be solved. It’s very easy to give up Butu but it takes courage to struggle and then come up with better outcomes.” Mom preached.

“Remember what I told you on your wedding day?” Mom smiled, and I nodded. How can I forget that?

“So just try. I know you are a warrior, try to make your marriage successful.” Well, that’s just the indirect way to insinuate that I’d got no option.

***

“Humph!” Rhea gave an incoherent nod, slurping mango juice when she heard my Edda, pushing me to the edge to kill her.