The Unforgotten Anniversary

"Sometimes it's only in the ecstasy of unrepressed movement that we may enter the stillness of our authentic selves. In such sacred moments, the world seems to be in step. This is why the idea of finding love across the dance floor endure - symbolizing that, when we know the true rhythm of our heart, we know the other."

Abhimanyu's Perspective

I woke up feeling kisses on my jaw line. I smiled and moved my face to other side letting her kiss my neck. She trailed her fingers along my contours and then her lips replaced her finger. I felt her hands on my chest and then she nuzzled her nose in my throat and my smile dropped, I felt my body being responsive. Unaware of my situation, she continued her teasing.
"Shree stop!" I protested hoarsely, groaning inwardly and tried to turn, prying her hands off but she just giggled, coming over me.
"What? I am not doing anything." She hushed innocently, running her hands on my chest. I opened my eyes to notice her mischievous smile, "Good morning husband!" She pecked my lips smiling.
"Good morning love." I murmured, removing her hair strands and stared at her intensely. She peeked through her lashes and blushed, looking down, "Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Uh...was wondering why I am being subjected to this royal romance." I pecked her chin and brushed her nose with mine.
"You remember what it is today?" She bit her lip, blinking her eyes and I gripped her waist, pretending to ponder, "No. It's Saturday. Something special?"
Her smile dropped in a moment and the stars that were twinkling in her eyes faded. I smirked inwardly, she would never get to hear what she wants until it was time.
"You don't remember?" She pouted creating a little gap between us and I declined my eyebrows, "I don't remember what?"
"That today is..." I interjected her before she could complete, "Let it be. I am very sleepy now. You go and get ready else you'll be late."
Her reaction was a fully opened mouth and her big beautiful eyes gaping at me.
"What?"
"Aren't you going office today? Why are you so sleepy?" She queried and escorting my weight on one elbow, I pulled her closer, "I'm not feeling well. I want to rest at home but you've to attend office. So go and get ready."
"What happened? Do you have headache? I'll give you massage and a cup of coffee. You'll feel better." She smiled, pulling my head closer and danced her fingers on my forehead.
As much as I didn't want to leave her today, I needed that to do. I caught her hands and kissed them, "You don't need to do anything. I'll respite and that is enough to rejuvenate me. You go."
"Why are you bent on pushing me away? I'm not going anywhere." She frowned and I kissed her ear, nibbling softly, "I'm not pushing you away but you need to go office. I don't want you to be late."
"I've taken off today." She said softly, cocooning in my embrace and I grimaced. Now how would I do the arrangement? She wrapped my arm around her waist and hid her face in my chest. Sighing, I tightened my hold and reckoned on some way to get her out of the house.
"Why have you taken off?" I sprung on and she peered, "You seriously don't know or are you just kidding?"
"Why would I kid in early morning? I'm seriously clueless. Why have you taken off?" I lied, repeating my question. She frowned and wriggled out of my grip, "You don't know?"
"Wait a sec. Is it your birthday? No, your birthday falls in the month of March, its August. Then?" I blabbered and the thin line on her lips grew along with the horizontal lines on the forehead.
"Nothing." She retorted and shuffled out of the bed sheets, taking her clothes out from the closet and stomping her feet marches inside the bathroom.
I smiled crossing my arms, "Happy anniversary, Mrs. Chauhan." Smiling like an idiot, I groped for my cell phone and call my assistant in this project.
"Hey half wife! Good morning." I smiled biding Siya and she giggled, "Good morning smart jij. So how's your plan running up till now?"
"Well your sister has just left to bathroom stomping her feet." I chuckled, looking at the direction, "She was quite mad at me for now and we've to run the things quicker because she has taken an off."
"So, that means she's staying home? Now, how'll you pack everything jij, without her knowledge?" She quipped.
"That's why I need your help. Come home in half an hour or so, and take her to the shopping with you. Make sure to engage her with you for about five - six hours and then drop her here." I instructed, making sure Shree didn't hear me.
"Okay. I'll be there in an hour." Siya chirped. "By the way jij, I'm doing such hard work for you. What will I get in return?"
I smirked, she's just like Paridhi and Vandisha, "Tell me what you want?"
"Not much. I'll hand you the list of things what I want and don't forget to purchase lava perfume." She said excitedly and I guffawed, "Sure, keep your list updated."
"Really? Thank you so much jij. You're the best." She squealed happily.
"Yeah. Now hurry up, Shree is done I guess. Bye!" I cut the call and pretended to sleep. Seconds later, the door opened and Shree came out wearing sari. I smiled surreptitiously, she wore sari when it's special or when she wanted to catch my attention.
"You are really not going?" She asked shaking me and I yawned, turning away, "No. I'm not and don't disturb me."
"Fine!" She groaned and sprinted downstairs. Making sure that she was busy, I took out packing bags and started placing my clothes first. It's easy to do a man's packing than a woman's. So I left her clothes for afterwards. Everyone knew about it and they were helping me in a way keeping her engaged with them.
"I can't wait to see that full smile on your face when we will reach there." I soliloquized, envisioning her beautiful smile. Her slightly angry incarnation was actually funny. I was expecting her to jump and squeal in mirth and I hoped she wouldn't be doubtful throughout the day. I hoped the plan worked. Taking my clothes, I scrolled to the bathroom.