The Dust Dating

"Some people make it so hard to hate them; others make it so hard to love them."

I put the pan on the stove, made tea. Meanwhile, I pressure cooked potatoes, peeled them and after cooling mashed them with salt, coriander and spices. I made round balls of dough and stuffed it with potato mash. I flattened out the rounds making crispy Parantha (oil baked desi bread).
"Hey, I will do it." Bhabhi impeded, coming inside.
"No, I am doing it. You please strain tea for everyone."
"Okay!" She did as told. Bhabhi was herself an interior designer but she left her job when Adi was born as she wanted to give her baby full attention and since then, she became full time housewife.
"Bhabhi, how many years of your marriage has completed?" I asked nonchalantly.
"Um...4 years. I mean, it's four running."
"Good!" I mumbled, thinking how long my marriage will work. Soon, everyone's down for breakfast and we joined them, I peered at Abhimanyu to see he's completely dressed except his tie.
What's wrong with him? It is his room, his things and he can't find his tie. Seriously? Before I touched his things, he was using them and he suddenly forgot where they were! Unbelievable! I twitched my lips gobbling the parantha; he didn't even coax me, not for once. Yes, he did try to get my attention so that I would offer him help just like today but his bloody mouth didn't utter please or sorry.
I mean like what? What it would take to accept your mistake and say a simple sorry? It is just a word, of five letters. But no, the egoistic hot jerk that he is certainly, will not say it. Not that I would've forgiven him but still...
"Shree!!" I was snapped back to reality when I heard mom and saw everyone looking at me "Yes?"
"Where are you lost? Abhimanyu said bye and you didn't reply." Okay, it was a shock but latter one was bigger. "He said he will come home in mid noon to take you out on lunch." And my eyes popped out.
"What?"

"Yes! But you didn't reply. So he went. Where were you lost?"
"Uh...nothing." I dismissed but I wanted to ask 'are you sure'. As far as I'd known him in these days, I was sure he was not joking but why in the hell did he think I will go out with him? "Mom, I am going to my room." I excused myself and staggered to my room, to see it in the previous position; disastrous and disorganized.
I cleaned the mess, not neatly but more messily, I bunched up his things whatever it was; clothes, socks, files and threw on the sofa. I could see red only. How dare he think I will go anywhere with him? My mind throbbed badly and I lied down, decreasing the temperature.
ESV huffs 'This man will make me blood pressure patient very soon with this dedication'.
I woke up lazily and stretched my arms. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and blinked to see Abhimanyu standing before me, folded hands.
My instant reaction cue rolled my eyes. I jumped off the bed and strolled to the bathroom when he gripped my elbow, "Why are you not ready?
Because I don't want to go, dumb.
I didn't reply him and moved ahead when he pulled me again. "I am asking you something."
"And I am not going to answer. Leave me I need to use the loo." I countered back, struggling out of his grip.
"I am sorry." He mumbled, almost inaudibly. If I wasn't standing at hearing distance, I would've surely missed it.
I didn't reply and padded to the bathroom. Getting fresh, I came out. He was sitting on the bed, probably waiting for me because he stood before me as soon as I neared him.
"Get ready. I am taking you out on lunch." He insisted, and I glared him. "Why?"
"What why? Why others go on lunch?"
"Others!!" I scoffed, "FYI Mr. Abhimanyu, others don't behave like you and I am not going anywhere."

I turned to take my laptop but he caught my elbow "But I said sorry." He defended.
"Ah! I am very lucky." I mocked and jerked my hand away, he kept looking at me and I threw his things from sofa to floor and sat on it.
"I didn't mean whatever I said." I heard him but didn't look. "Shree, let's just behave like adults. Stop moping around!"
"I have told you several times, don't you dare to rule me." I pointed my finger at him. "You yelled on me that day, I said nothing but it doesn't mean you will do whatever you want."
He didn't answer but look at me, unblinking "Besides, you should be thankful that I am not trying to be your fucking wife." I laughed humorlessly, air quoting the word 'wife'.
"Don't say that okay. I am sorry. I didn't mean that, it's just I was just angry on someone else." He apologized, sitting beside me.
"Yeah and you decided to pour out your anger on me. Why?" I looked at him, hurt. "When you don't want me when you don't want this relationship, how dare you to yell on me? Who am I? Your servant?"
Exhaling, he rubbed his face. "I never thought like that. I told you I said that in anger. I just couldn't find my -"
"Why didn't you say sorry in last four days?" I demanded and he questioned back. "Were you even looking at me? You used to sleep before me and woke up after me, always around with my family. You didn't give me any chance."
"You can't blame me. Okay!"
"I am not blaming you. It was my fault and I am sorry. I never thought like that. It's -"
"You said I am imposing myself on you!" I reminded him, looking down. Yes, I was hurt. Deeply.
"I am sorry!" He breathed out.
"You said I keep blaring in your ears."