The Melting Ice

"And then one day, you'll feel your world has changed altogether the moment he'll touch your hand and your heartbeats will drum."

Shree's Perspective

"Ouch!" I winced as I stupidly trimmed my finger instead of lady finger and before, I could put it in my mouth, my hand was grabbed by someone and my finger was being sucked by him and that him was no other than, Abhimanyu.
"Is it paining?" He asked, sucking on my finger and my mind immediately worked on importing some intensely erotic images didn't know where from.
I opened my mouth to close it instantly as he snapped, "Why do you daydream in kitchen? I don't even understand why you come here if you can't take care of yourself."
"Relax! It's not that deep." I mumbled, placing my finger under tap and let the water wash it.
"Show me!" He grabbed my hand again and dressed it. I took the time to adore him. This man never ceased to amaze me truly, "What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you and what I see, is blood." He said gruffly and I frowned, "You came to see me? Why?"
"To check if you're cooking or not?" He leaned back to the slab as I started cooking, "Then go now as you've seen me. I'm working." His presence was affecting me on serious notes as he craned his neck, smirking at me, teasing and tingling my insides.
"It's my kitchen." Came his cocky reply. Did I mention that he's still his cocky self? Ah! Seem some things can never be changed. Two days ago, he'd offered to take me to the shopping but I'd rejected flatly and he was very sad. I could sense it. I...am confused. I wanted to be with him, I wanted to give him a chance, I wanted to go normal but I didn't know why... I was afraid.
Afraid of the fact; he might go back to his snobby self. He might ditch me again. He might reject me again.
There's nothing you can take for granted.
Nevertheless, to persuade me for his offer, he manipulated everyone as in mom, Badi ma, Vidhi bhabhi and Anshu Dada for a shopping spree and eventually they brought me over for it.
"Check this. I think pink suits you." He'd said when he saw I was confused among sari. I smiled shyly on his petulance of coaxing me.
That day he'd tried to buy almost everything that caught my eyes and I was sure that he was going to be lame duck but I wasn't letting that happen.
"Do you think buying off the whole store can win my heart?" I'd questioned, only to cease his leaking wallet. He was afflicted but that was needed. He'd bought me twelve saris, six pairs of heels and uncountable number of clutches. He was being changed in heart but... I didn't want something as trivial as flowers and dresses for the blunder he'd caused, it wouldn't make for my aggrieved heart.
"Fine then, I'm leaving." I turned to go when he pulled me back and caged my waist, "Why? You are my wife. You don't need to go anywhere."
My eyes widened on his open flirting, no matter how much I shooed him away; he managed to extract ways of touching me, pecking my forehead. I felt loved this way, but at the same time, I felt angry on him. He just didn't care if anyone's around or not.
"Leave me Abhimanyu. What are you doing?" I squirmed and he tightened his arms around me, "Are you talking to me? As much as I know, you're treating me silently. Aren't you?" He mocked and I shot a glare at him, "Don't play smart and leave me."
"Forgive me! It's been two weeks." He said with desiderative eyes clapping on deep in mine.
"That reminds me," I preamble, "Stop sending those bouquets and cards in my office. Everyone has begun to think that I'm having an affair." I tried to sound stern and he chuckled, amusedly.
"No worries baby...I'll drop you tomorrow. They'll begin to think you have an amazing husband." He winked at me and I mocked, "I wish it was true."
His smile dropped, so did his hands. I squeezed shut my eyes reprimanding myself to moderate a mouth filter. His brown eyes clouded with hurt and he repelled, looking away.
"I too wish that to be true." He mumbled, moving away and I held his hand.
ESV sniped, 'Leave him you stupid! He'll think you care about him'.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I apologized and he shook his head, whipping his head back "I'm not offended. You don't have to say sorry."
He was to walk away when I clutched his hand, "Then stay here. I'm making your favorite Chicken Tikka."
ESV fumed, 'Idiot! Slaking down will boost his advances. Don't go for it. Shoo him away!'
"Are you sure?" He asked, flipping back and I left his hand, resuming my work "Did not you, a moment ago, remind me that it's your kitchen?"
"I'll take that as yes." He grinned and plopped on the slab, grabbing a custard Apple from fruit basket.